Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Duncan! or Guess Who's Coming To Dinner!

Today has been great. This morning around 8:59, Melissa a very nice woman, from a nearby ranch, called me to see if we had rescued her dog, in the last two days. "His name is Duncan and he is a black Lacey, very sweet and he has a little white hair on his chest. He slipped out of his collar...."

Sadly, my answer was no, but I told her if he shows up here we will call you...."

Early this afternoon, Tony and I went to Kerrville, for me to grab a few groceries, while Tony purchased five, heavy sacks of Pedigree dog food.

When I was pushing my cart up to Buttermilk, Tony got out and started helping me load our groceries into the back seat, when we heard some guy drive up behind us, and say, "What are y'all doing here?" And then he laughed.

We both turned around and to our surprise it was Kinky. So we started laughing, too. Then Kinky pulled Mr. Green Jeans into the parking space right next to Buttermilk and then we had short, but fun visit with him.

When Tony and I got back home, Carlton was flashing, on top of the breakfast bar, so I pushed the play button, and heard, "Hello, this is Mary. We're your neighbors just past the rescue ranch. I was calling to find out if you lost a dog a few days ago, because we have one here. Please call me."

So I immediately called Mary, but got Oscar instead. "Hello, this is Nancy, at the rescue ranch and we just got back from Kerrville. We haven't lost any dogs, but our neighbor just past your ranch, called me this morning about their sweet, black Lacey running off a few days ago...." And sure enough it was Duncan and it had a happy ending.

Then I quickly cleaned The Cabin, because our dear friend, Jim Keaveny, a fabulous singer/songwriter/ musician, from Terlingua, had contacted Tony to let us know that he would be arriving here around 7:00 tonight.

Around 3:00, Tony walked into the big room and he told me, "Nancy, I just chatted with Chet, on Facebook, and you need to turn your cell phone on right now, because he wants to do FaceTime with us."

Five seconds later my iPhone rang and sure enough it was Chet O'Keefe, so I put him on Speaker phone, so Tony and I could both talk to him.

Chet was FaceTimeing us from England, and he sounded great. We visited for over forty minutes and didn't worry about the cost, because Apple's FaceTime app is just like Skyping, but it only works on iPhone to iPhone and it's free.

Chet told us that his tour of Great Britain was fabulous and much more than he had ever expected it to be. He also told us that he will be back in the States, on Friday and that he cannot wait to  talk to Bett Fields, so he can thank her for donating her Martin guitar to him and to thank all of the generous people that have opened up their hearts to help him get back on his feet, etc.

And before we adios-ed each other, I said, "Guess who is coming to dinner tonight, around 7:00?"

"I'll bet it is Jim Keaveny."

"Yes!"

"I would love to talk to Jim and I will try to FaceTime y'all tonight, but I might be asleep, because it will be past 1:00, in the morning here." Then we made a plan for tonight and a backup plan for tomorrow, so he will definitely get to talk to his good friend Jim.

And that's about it for tonight, because I need to let Hazel, out of the closet, so she can suck up our dog's latest fur donations.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: