Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Life Is Good!

Today has been great. Late this morning Tony and I took off, for Kerrville, to a few errands. Our first stop was the Save Inn, because we had not eaten breakfast.

So, when we got there, just before noon, we beat the restaurant's rush hour traffic and found a vacant table. And as fate would have it Tony and I ordered the exact same thing—Sinker Omelet, because it is our all time favorite. And needless to say, it was absolutely delicious as always.

Our next stop was at the big H-E-B, because I needed to pick up some ingredients that I didn't have to make Kris' famous, delicious Fruit Pancakes recipe, so I can cook some up tomorrow, because Jim raved about it when we met them for lunch, on Monday.

Our last stop was at one of our favorite stores, in Kerrville—Wild Birds Unlimited, so Tony could pick up some more of their choice birdseed blends.

When we walked inside this amazing store, with great vibes, Linda and Marguerite, behind the counter, greeted us. While Tony checked out the birdseed selections, etc. I started talking to Marguerite about her dogs, especially Scout, who Henry Standing Bear has a huge crush on.

While Marguerite was giving us updates on her four legged family, that she had adopted from us, she chuckled, and said, "When our great customers come in here, a lot of them know me and they want to talk to me about their dogs and pets. And I am always telling them about y'all's rescue ranch, too. So the other day I decided to make this, so I can show it to them." Then she went to the back of the store and returned with the pictures of the four dogs that she has adopted from us, over the years.

Tony and I loved her pictures, because we love seeing our dogs, in their forever homes, after being adopted from us. On this side of her card stock was Mini-Marguerite and sweet Enzo.


As we looked at these dogs Marguerite chuckled, and said, "I tell them I adopted Mini Marguerite, because Nancy had named her after me, in hopes of getting me to adopt her. And I adopted Enzo, because when I went into Hoegemeyer's to pick something up, Susan knew that I could not resist German Shepherds and in front of everybody, in their lobby, suggested that I go meet Enzo."

On the backside of the sheet were adorable pictures of Scout and Odi.


Then Marguerite continued on, and said, "I tell them I adopted Scout, when once again, I walked into Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic and there stood you and Tony holding that adorable puppy in your arms, and you told me she had been deserted, in a park, that some kids had found her. And then Nancy tells me, "This pup is part German Shepherd and she is so sweet...." Then we all started laughing, because it was so obvious that there is absolutely no German Shepherd in her.

"And then I tell them sweet Odi's story, that you had blogged about. So after reading your blog about the one-eyed pup, I went to check him out, at the clinic and I immediately fell in love with him."

So, I asked Marguerite if I could take pictures of her dogs, so I could blog about it tonight. So you can guess what her answer was.

When Tony and I got back home, Carlton was flashing, on top of the breakfast bar, again. So after we put up the groceries, we listened to several new messages. 

Two of the messages were from our dear friend Garnet and Tony and I were thrilled with what we heard, because she and her husband Sandy wanted to come and take sweet Lola back home! 

I called Garnet immediately to tell her that we would love for her and Sandy to come get their lovable Lola. 

So tomorrow morning, Garnet and Sandy are coming out to get their sweet Lola!  So once again, life is good. (Knock-on-wood.)

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great news for Lola & her family!!!!

Fay said...

Awww! I was thinking as I read Marguerite had adopted FOUR DOGS - heckfire, that's A LOT of dogs! But then I realized we kind of did that too: Kris Kristofferson, Ranger (Blake Shelton), Wee Lassie (Kia) & Miss Moneypenny (I forget...LOL) - D'OH! Utopia rescue dogs are like Lay's potato chips! Bet you can't just have one! xx

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Yes, you and Ian are tied with Marguerite for adopting the most dogs from us! (Not counting us, because for the past 18 years, Tony and I have rescued and then personally adopted more than I can count, because I am old now and I can only count up to 10 now days. We are way beyond the number four and we are still counting. Dogs Totally Rule!