Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ziggy!

Today has been great even though I over slept until 8:00 Sunday and Monday morning. Yesterday was great too, because Ziggy, our beautiful Blue Heeler, got adopted to a great home, yesterday morning, while we were outside doing our chores.

The reason why I didn't write last night was because I went over to visit with Kinky, around 6:00 in the evening and because of the long hike we took with The Friedmans, I didn't get back home until after 8:00 and then I was too tired to write, but not tired enough to fall to sleep when I was supposed to.

This morning Tony gave me an early wake up call as I had requested at 6:00, 6:30 and then at 6:45 and because I have not yet adjusted to Daylight Saving Time—I climbed out of bed feeling exhausted. The reason I had asked for an early wake up call was so I could do Big G's "Utopia Segment" on his popular radio show and Sparky was his Pet Of The Week and I had fun doing the show.

When T. returned home from drinking coffee with his buddies, in Medina, he ate breakfast and I drank one of my super smoothies. Then we went outside and did our morning chores.

For lunch, I fixed a roast, mashed potatoes, okra mixed with corn, bell pepper and red pepper and Tony loved it so much, I took a plate of it over to the Lodge for Kinky and he and The Friedmans loved it too.
Then I came home and took a short, sleepless nap with Roy Rogers, Mama and Toto.

Around 2:00, T. and me went outside and installed ten solar lights in the Okay Corral. Then I mowed it, while Tony removed sticks and rocks, for me, from the newly created corral.

Up until 7:00 this evening I have been outside killing Thistle, while visiting with our super rescued dogs and I really enjoyed it. And now I plan to relax, go into Outer Space, drink a couple of glasses of my fine boxed wine and play my guitar.

Before writing this tonight, I checked my e-mail and my dear friends Karin & Air Gun Pohlman's, over in Germany, note made my day. Thank you, Karin and Air Gun! This is what they wrote:

"Dear Nancy, your mail made my day! Today I received the beautiful Weimaraner postcard with your kind words to us. The "What Would Ronnie Do?" magnet and also Sophie´s and your business card, which are now decorating our fridge and will make us smile every time we open it. It´s often....Especially Sophie´s card is very funny! Love, Karin and AirGun"
And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: