Wednesday, March 14, 2012

AQHA!

Today has been a great day even though I overslept again and didn't crawl out of bed until 8:00, which caused me to be a little bit grumpy this morning. I think I'm having such a difficult time adjusting to Daylight Saving Time is because I am a senior citizen and it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

So, I think Congress might ought to consider passing a Bill, making senior citizens exempt from Daylight Savings Time, to cut us some slack or else designate a place, somewhere in Texas, because I ain't leaving here, where all of us Oldies, in the country, could move to if we wanted to avoid DST—like Arizona does. Anyway, it is just a thought or else I'm having another Senior Moment or it is because Mercury is retrograde and is messing with me.

After lunch today, I checked my e-mail and was thrilled when I read that the beautiful poster I had ordered of Maya, that Carol had painted, is heading my way, because I plan to frame it and hang it in our big room, so it will make me smile every time I look at it. Here is the picture that I took of Carol's awesome painting of Maya. I love it because it looks exactly like Maya and is filled with Carol's love of the horse that she gave to me.


So, after checking and responding to all of my other e-mails I decided to go ahead and fill out and write a check to pay for Maya's American Quarter Horse Association transfer papers, that Carol gave to me last week, to make Maya officially my horse. (Even though, in my heart, I know that she will always be Carol's and my horse.) And tomorrow I plan to mail Maya's transfer papers to the AQHA.


Late this afternoon I went over to Kinky's to visit with him and to meet his guest, Brian Molnar, who is a very talented musician, who is in between gigs for two days and will be performing at Austin's famous SXSW. And who is also going to be opening for Kinky, for four gigs, when Kink does his upcoming East Coast, Bi-Polar Tour, in a few months.

While Kink talked on the phone, in his office, Brian and I sat outside on the porch talking about our guitars and amps, etc. and when I told him about my great guitar, that Ronnie made for me, I invited him to come over to see it and to check out my Genz Benz amp, which is made especially for acoustic guitars.

When Kinky returned to the porch, Brian took off to go get something and when he came back he said, "Here, Nancy. I want to give you my latest CD." And I love it and am listening to his beautiful music as I type this tonight.


We visited with Kinky and The Friedmans for about twenty more minutes and then Brian put his beautiful guitar in the back of Trigger and then he and I took off for the rescue ranch to play some music together and I had a blast trying to accompany him on my guitar. And needless to say, Brian thought Ronnie's guitar was awesome and Tony and I thought Brian Molnar's music was incredibly great.

But during our fun jam session, inside The Cabin, Mama was outside and decided to open the gate, in the front yard, because I had forgotten to put the latch on it, so after I returned Brian back to The Lodge, Tone jumped into Trigger and I jumped into Kermit and we took off to go find her. And, thank goodness we found her thirty minutes later. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: