Friday, March 2, 2012

Chem Tac, Inc. Rules!

Today has been really fun. This morning while Aaron was mowing and Tony and I were doing our morning chores outside, June, Eileen, Jim and Lisa, "Texas Greatest Volunteers," showed up to walk our dogs for us and our super dogs were thrilled to see them, as we were.

While we were outside Carol called and Carlton took her message. Around 11:00, when I came inside to check our messages, I burst out laughing when I heard Carol's. "Nancy, Tony. This is Carol." Then she started laughing. "I have done the dumbest thing and I need a big favor." Then she started laughing again. "Three days ago I put a trash sack in the trunk of Mom's Cadillac, that she loaned me until I get a new truck. Anyway, it's been sitting in there for three hot days and it stinks to high heaven. I was wondering if I could come over and throw it away in your dump. Call me." So, I did what she had asked.

"Hi, Carol...." Fifteen minutes later, while we were outside by the barn visiting with everyone and laughing about Carol's stinky dilemma—Carol drives in, so to make her laugh when she drove up—Tony and I pinched our noses like we smelled something awful. Then we all had a fun time teasing her about it. Then we all decided to do lunch at Koyote Ranch.

After Eileen and I had talked to Carol about Maya's impressive lineage, I took Carol aside, "Carol, we got our IRS refund. When do you want to go to that tack shop, in Fredericksburg, so I can buy Maya a pink horse blanket, halter and reins?"

"Let's go today, after lunch." Then everyone jumped into their vehicles and took off for Koyote Ranch for a fun lunch.

Aaron, Tony and I were the last to arrive at Koyote and when we walked inside the building, the volunteers had already placed their orders and were sitting and laughing, at a long table and that's when the party began.

We laughed hard as Eileen and June took turns telling us about their fun-filled trip, with Ellen, up to Dallas last Saturday, to cheer on Luna-Tick Tick Boom and as we ate our delicious lunch the laughter and teasing never ceased.

When it was time for us to leave, I told Eileen, "Carol, Tony and I are fixin' to go to that super tack shop in Fredericksburg..."

"Can I go, too?" Eileen asked.

"Sure, but you have to ask Carol," I joked.

"Carol, can I go with y'all?"

"No," Carol said solemnly, wearing a straight face, and then she broke out laughing and so did we. Then we told her that Tony was driving us and then we made plans to pick her up at the Subway, in Kerrville.

As T. chauffeured us to Fredland, Carol, Eileen and I talked non-stop about horses, etc. and trust me—there was plenty of laughter and that is why I am sitting on Mari's pretty, pink sheepskin as I type this right now, because my back is sore.

When we walked inside Chem Tac, Inc., just outside of Fredricksburg, Eileen, Carol and I were like kids in a candy store, as we checked out all of their beautiful tack.

Thirty minutes later, after I had picked out Maya's pretty, pink saddle blanket, a beautiful pair of leather split reins decorated in silver (aluminum brads), an awesome black and tan, braided Rope Halter Elite that Carol told me, "This is what Lawlor uses on his horses. They are the best," and a jar of Horseman's One Step saddle cream cleaner for my saddle—I wrote a check to pay for everything and then I took this picture of my big Maya purchase.


While we visited with the young, friendly, knowledgeable horse woman, at the counter, Eileen purchased a one-size-fits-all llama halter for her friend Baxter, who rescues llamas, to try out, that our super volunteers also help and then our chauffeur drove us home, as we talked non-stop about our adventure, which T. and I jokingly referred to it tonight as a mini-vacation for us.

"Nancy, when it comes to horses, instead of asking, "What Would Ronnie Do?" Eileen joked, Carol and I started laughing, because we already knew where she was heading with this. "We should ask, "What Would Lawlor Do?"

"Yes!" Carol said. "It's perfect."

"I love it. Tomorrow morning I will make some free refrigerator magnets that will read, "What Would Lawlor Do?" I can't wait..."

Early this evening, Kermit took Tone and me over to the Lodge for a fun visit with Kinky, to check out Sophie's new summer-cut doo and for T. to put Winston Churchill's dog tags on his new dog collar. And then I bragged about buying Maya's new pink saddle blanket, awesome halter and decorated reins and Kink thought it was cool. Then we came home and that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: