Thursday, March 29, 2012

Best Cole Slaw In Texas!

Today has been great and so was yesterday, because yesterday we had really hot water and also because we took the day off and met my sister and her husband, in Fredericksburg, for a fun-filled afternoon, while Aaron came out to work and baby sit the rescue ranch for us.

The first thing we did when we arrived in Fredville was jump into their car and head to the famous Willow Loop, to take pictures of the gorgeous wild flowers and it was beyond spectacular.

After our super fun photo event, we went back to Fredericksburg to eat lunch at Wheeler's Restaurant, that our dear friends Randy & Lisa also own and our meals were delicious.

Wheeler's Restaurant serves American and German food and is famous for having the Best Burger in Town. But, I must tell you that their cole slaw is the best cole slaw that I've ever tasted, so I think Wheeler's should also be famous for serving the Best Cole Slaw in Texas. And when Karin and Air Gun, our dear German friends, come back to see us—we're definitely taking them there.

Before leaving Wheeler's, Randy saw us and came over to our table to visit with us. "Randy, I love your cole slaw!..." I proclaimed, wishing that he would tell me the ingredients and my wish came true right then and there, because he told us the secret ingredient he uses in the recipe, but unfortunately I can't tell y'all, because it is our little secret.

Around 2:00, we hugged and adios-ed my sweet sister and her dear husband and then left Fredericksburg to go to the Home Depot, in Kerrville, to buy some dirt and flowers for the upcoming flowerbed, in The Okay Corral. Then we came home.

As soon as we arrived back, Tony and Aaron, under my creative supervision, created the prettiest flowerbed for me, on the rescue ranch and I am so thrilled with it. "Thank y'all. I love it and I hope the rabbits don't find it."

Around 7:00, after Aaron left to go home, I picked up my guitar and figured out how to play a few more Keb 'Mo tunes and then I went to bed early and that is why I did not write last night.

This morning after I did The Harley Show, which is always fun, I did paperwork and returned several phone calls and then I spent the rest of the afternoon repainting some things, in the Okay Corral.

Before our day ended, our dear friend, Rambam came out with his friends Sam and Lisa, because they love dogs and they wanted to see our rescue ranch and we really enjoyed meeting and visiting with them, even though, because I'm hard of hearing, I kept calling Sam—Stan. "Sorry about that, Sam. And thank y'all for that generous donation and that expensive bottle of fine Italian wine, that I will save for a very special occasion!" And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening, even though Mercury is still in retrograde, until the 12th of April!

No comments: