Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Since 1995!

Today has been a great day. This afternoon Tony and I went to Kerrville to run some errands and our first stop was at Wolfmueller's Books to see Sandy and Jon.

During our short, but fun visit a song started playing and it was fantastic, "I love this music," I said, "Who is it?"


"Robert Earl Keen," Sandy said. "It's on his new album that has just come out, "Ready for Confetti" and all of the songs on it are really great. I've got his CD for sale." After I had paid Sandy for Robert Earl's latest CD I saw this flyer on their counter and picked it up.


"We're having a book signing for William Groneman III on September 15th. He's a fabulous writer and lives in Kerrville and he has written several books and this one, September 11: A Memoir, giving his perspective of a Captain of the New York City Fire Department, describing his experiences during the dark days on and after September 11, 2001. Are y'all going to come to it?"

"Yes," I said. "I can't wait to buy a copy and get it signed by him..."

Our next stop was at the Post Office to purchase stamps, in the Hometown Crafts and Wild Birds Unlimited strip center, which are two of our favorite stores in Kerrville, including Wolfmueller's Books, of course.

After I had grabbed a small jar of some wood putty and was trying to decide if I needed to buy some glitter for my homemade shrine, a friendly woman, wearing two, six foot long strands of plastic vines of fall leaves , around her neck, smiles and says to us, "Do you have Enzo?"

"Yes, but no. We are fixing to pick him up at Hoegemeyers," I said, wondering who this very nice woman was.

"I know. I'm Marguerite, the one who is adopting him." After we had shook hands with her and had told her how excited we were that she was adopting Enzo Swift, we had a fun visit with her, filled with laughter, in the glitter and glue isle.

"During our fun visit I jokingly asked her, "Why are you wearing Fall foliage?" She started laughing which made T. and I laugh.

"Because I love to decorate for Halloween. I go all out for Halloween..." Before we adios-ed Marguerite we talked about Enzo some more and it was decided that she would pick him up at Hoegemeyers on Friday and take him to his new, hopefully forever home and we told her how thrilled we were.

When we got home there was a package from FedEx waiting for us by the gate and when I opened it up I burst out laughing, because our good friend Monk had sent us a three movie set to watch and one of the  movies is the one that stars our dear friends, Ruth Buzzi, her husband Kent and Kinky titled, "The Being" which Monk had told us, "It's a must see!" Thank you, Lynn and Monk!


This evening I finished making my shrine like Esteban's, but I have not put a picture in it yet, because I can't decide which one to use. Here's a picture of it in the making and the finished one, that nearly caused me to get a check up from the head up and I stuck a piece of paper inside it that reads: "It's A Nancy! Making crummy furniture since 1995," when I met Tony.



This evening after we had fed the donkeys and Shalom, Tone and I went over to the Lodge and had a fun visit with Kinky and stayed so long I didn't get started writing until 8:45 and now I am going to watch a little of "The Being" before I go to bed.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for us to get some rain.

1 comment:

Susie said...

When you take your trip out to Terlingua is Tony going with you? I think it would be so cool to let him loose with his camera in that vaste beautiful desert.