Thursday, August 4, 2011

Harley's At The REV FM, 94.3!

Today has been fun. This morning I called Harley at 7:45 at the REV FM 94.3 radio station, to do my Utopia segment and Harley had me laughing from the minute we started talking and Maggie May was Harley's Pet of the Week.

Maggie is approximately six to seven years old and she is a very sweet, shy dog. She smiles when she greets you and Maggie would be a wonderful companion for someone who doesn't get out much, even though she loves to go on long walks.

This morning T. and I went outside early to do our chores. When I was cleaning Blackie's and Alfie's pen I told them about them being adopted and moving to New York state and how lucky they were and then I started crying because I am so happy for them and have loved them for a very long time. I'm not sure if they understood me, but Blackie licked my hand before I left their pen.

Right after T. and I had finished feeding the dogs and cleaning their pens Ben drove up and we were so happy to see him. When Ben and I took off to go empty the poop buckets I told him about the last few days being a little off for me and I didn't know why. "It's because Mercury went into retrograde yesterday, Nance and also because of the high heat and the drought." Hearing his bad news about Mercury made me feel better and it explained a lot of the stuff that's been going on.

Late this afternoon after Ben had put new brake pads on Trigger we came inside to get out of the heat. After the three of us drank  big glasses of cold Ozarka water we grabbed our musical instruments, so we could practice together and I had so much fun jamming with the guys and believe it or not—we actually sounded pretty good.

Tony and Ben have different styles of playing the mandolin and it really comes out sounding great. After we had practiced playing, My Rifle, My Pony And Me, over and over again, we took turns choosing different songs to play and we picked and grinned for over an hour and a half until our fingers were killing us. Then Ben packed up and left to go spend the night at the Lodge with his two dogs, affectionately known as, The Girls From Austin.

As soon as Ben was gone I got out my 2011 Farmer's Almanac and discovered that as of yesterday, Mercury is in retrograde, just like Ben had said, and Mercury stays in retrograde until the 26th of this month. So, I've decided to not tell Kinky where Mercury is until he returns to the ranch this coming Sunday, because as they say, "No news is good news."

And since my fingers are still killing me as I type this tonight I guess that is about it for today. Tonight I am going to read some more of Elmer Kelton's award winning book, The Time It Never Rained and then go to bed early, because tomorrow is going to be a busy day and I am going to make it a fun day for me too— no matter where Merc is.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for some rain for us.

No comments: