Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Melt Down!

Today has been fun. This morning when T. and I stepped out on the front porch to go do our morning chores I spotted a giant wild hog, near our pump house, where Tony feeds the deer every morning before we go to work. So I grabbed my camera and shot him.


This afternoon after lunch Tony and I took off for Kerrville to go see Sandy and Jon to talk about our upcoming road trip, stop by Home Depot to get some lumber to build a storage box for the hallway and to grab some groceries at H-E-B. and we had a couple of surprises.

When we went into Wolfmueller's Books Mary Jo greeted us, from behind the counter, and then told us that Sandy and Jon were gone for the day, so we wished her a nice day and then adios-ed her. On our way back to Trigger, because I was disappointed that we didn't get to see Jon and Sandy I wanted some comfort food, so I told Tone that I wanted a chocolate malt and that I wanted to treat him to a milkshake so we took off for an undisclosed location and that was a big mistake.

When we went inside the empty-filled establishment we were greeted by a friendly woman, at least five years older than me and then I ordered the chocolate malt and T. ordered a strawberry milkshake and then we sat down at a table and waited and waited and waited as we watched the woman trying to make our order seem difficult.

After fifteen minutes had passed I got the giggles watching Tony watch her finally working on his strawberry shake, while he softly grumbled things like, "We are never coming back here again. I can't believe this..." 

Five minutes later the pleasant woman served us our cold beverages with these giant, long straws that were twice as long and round as a regular straw. After she had left our table and gone back into the kitchen, I burst out laughing about having to rest my malt down on my thigh just to drink my small malt, because of the length of the Texas-sized straw. Seriously, it was probably eighteen inches long.

After Tony had sucked and sucked on his super, long straw, to no avail, he said, "This thing is so thick it won't even come up the @#^* straw, Nance." And when he started stirring the thick strawberry ice cream, in hopes that it would melt soon, so he could finally drink it—I burst out laughing and couldn't quit, because my chocolate malt was all melted and had turned into cold chocolate milk.

Twenty minutes later after T.'s milkshake had a melt down—he sucked it up and then we went to Home Depot and H-E-B and then came home.

Late this afternoon I went outside and unloaded the twenty 1"X 4"s from Trigger and carried them up to the front porch, so I could chop them for the storage box that we needed to build to finish our "Tony's Photography Hallway" project.

After I had measured and chopped all of the boards to their proper length, I carried them inside the trailer and half-hollered down the hallway, "Tony! The boards all chopped and I am ready for you to screw them for me." 

In less than thirty minutes we had us a wooden box with a lid that lifted! Here is a picture of T. getting ready to put the hinges on it.


And here is a picture of Tony's Photography Hallway project completed. 


Yall have a great evening and please keep praying for rain for us!

P.S. Mari and Susie, I loved y'all's comments on last night's post. Thanks for making me smile and laugh.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

You went to Whataburger, didn't you?!

Susie said...

I love malts, see something else we have in common. Have you ever tried a hot fudge malt? They are to die for, a major step up from the choc malts which are pretty good to. But maybe a place that has more then one employee and can make them faster.. Do you folks have Dairy Queens out there? We have non in the Fort Worth area, not one. But we get treated to their advertisements on the TV. Forgive my spelling, it is worse then usual, my glasses broke and i need another pair but it is too hot to go to the store. I will be blind until we get a cold front in the metroplex.

cousin nancy said...

Hi, Eileen and Susie. Thank y'all for the comments. Eileen, I will not divulge the place publicly, but tomorrow I will tell you where not to go. : )

Susie, I have never tried a hot fudge malt and it does sound delicious. When I lived in Ft. Worth we had many Dairy Queens. I went to the one in Wedgwood, on McCart Street. Sorry to hear that Ft. Worth has none now. Also, sorry to hear about your glasses breaking and "going blind" until y'all get a cold front—I hope it comes sooner than later. Are you talkin' 80 degrees?

Susie said...

l think all of the DQ's in the DFW packed up and moved out about maybe 6 years ago. There are many on the outskirts in smaller towns like Cleburne, Decator,Rhome and Dublin but nothing in the big city. Hey did you ever make a trip to the Dr Pepper plant in Dublin?