Friday, August 12, 2011

Left No Crumbs! or It's A Wrap!

Today has been a lot of fun and it started early. This morning, around 6:00, when I rise-d, but did not shine at all, because I didn't sleep well, so I went back to bed for thirty more minutes in hopes of getting some much needed beauty sleep, but thanks to Mercury in retrograde and it being FMT (Full Moon Time) that didn't happen.

At 8:00 I called Kinky, over at the Lodge to make sure he was up, because our friend Gerry Olert, of Crazy Rooster Productions: Professional Video Productions and Photography, was coming out to shoot us for Alan Warren's fishing show. "I'm up and ready, Nance. Y'all come over when he gets there..."

By 9:00 I was pouring myself a cup of coffee in Kinky's kitchen while Kinky visited with Gerry, as Gerry set up his camera equipment in Kinky's office. Kinky's twenty-four minute long interview, about our rescue ranch, was fantastic and afterward Gerry and I had a short, but fun visit with Kink.

On our way back to the rescue ranch we saw Eileen and Lisa, our super great volunteers, walking Gus and Lois Lane down by the creek, so Gerry stopped his truck and we got out. After I had introduced the girls to Gerry—he grabbed his camera and shot them, too. Then we took off for the rescue ranch.

While I was inside the trailer returning a few phone calls Gerry was outside shooting Tony doing his morning chores. When I went back outside I had a great visit with Lisa and Eileen and before they left they told me they had presents and something to give me and Tony. "Y'all shouldn't have and it is us who should be giving y'all presents for all that you do for our rescue ranch," I said, to their deaf ears.

"Here's a "Shady Grove" t-shirt for you, since you didn't go to Austin with us last Monday to deliver Blackie and Alfie and we picked you up some Rescue Remedy for you to take when you go on your road trips," Eileen said, as she handed me the t-shirt and the natural tranquilizer.

"Thank y'all so much. I love the t-shirt and I will definitely use the Rescue Remedy when I go to Target and Whole Foods with Sandy and Patty."

"And I baked this for Tony's birthday," Lisa said, as she handed me a tray of sliced lemon pound cake with the cutest Boston Terrier paper napkins and there's more! Here is some sheet music for our new play list for our band to learn." As she turned the pages of sheet music she said, "We can learn This Land Is Your Land, She'll Be Comin' Round The Mountain, How Much Is That Doggie In The Window, Deep In The Heart Of Texas, Home On The Range, You Are My Sunshine and Oh! Susanna."

"This is fantastic," I said. "I'll make copies for all of us. Thank y'all so much!"



"Y'all are going to love Lisa's cake," Eileen said. "It's absolutely delicious. She made one for me..." After we visited for a few more minutes I thanked them and then we adios-ed each other and they drove away while Gerry was nearby interviewing and shooting Tone in Ben Stiller's and Gracie's pen, so I went over to join them.

When they came out of Ben's and Gracie's pen Tony needed to go take care of some things, so Gerry and I spent about one hour outside, going from one pen to another, so he could get pictures of all of our dogs. Then the three of us came inside the trailer so he could interview and shoot me and then later on record me playing my guitar for him to use as the background music in the video about our rescue ranch.

Once Gerry had all of his equipment set up in the big room he put a mic on me and then he started interviewing me, as Tony and his dog Belle watched over by the kitchen table, and it was a lot of fun, because Gerry is a professional and has had over 14 years of experience in national television production.

When the interview ended we decided to take a break, so I served up some of Lisa's delicious birthday cake for Tone. After we had eaten delicious cake for T. and had left no crumbs on our plates, Gerry recorded me finger-picking a few songs and then Gerry said, "It's a wrap! I've got what I need," and then he put up his equipment.


Then Tony gave Gerry a tour of his photo hallway gallery and Gerry was impressed and then T. put on his new camera holster and showed it off to him and then we sat down in the big room and had a fun visit with him.

Before Gerry left, around 3:00, we gave him a tour of my writing cabin and he shot it too and then he thanked us for our time and drove away. And to say the least, "We cannot wait to see his video when it airs on Alan Warren's television show and we want to thank our good friends Alan Warren and Gerry Olert, for helping out our rescue ranch!"

I am going to spend the rest of the evening trying to learn how to play Steve Martin's bluegrass version of his hit song King Tut performed by him and The Steep Canyon Rangers on the Rare Bird Alert, grammy award winning album.

Y'all have a great evening and please say a prayer for us to get some rain!

No comments: