Sunday, August 14, 2011

Biggest Cheerleader!

Saturday, after viewing Gerry Olert's great Kinky For Utopia Rescue Ranch one minute trailer, to give us an idea of what his longer version commercial would look like, I didn't think my day could have gotten any better, but once again I was wrong about that, because we had a great adoption.

Around 1:00 when I drove into the rescue ranch I spotted Tony with a couple and their three children, in the alleyway, between Laz's & Maggie's pen and LaToya's & Candace Bergen's pen, so I stopped Trigger and went to greet them. "They want to adopt Candace Bergen!" Tone half-hollered to me as I approached them.

After introductions Hugh and Ashley introduced me to their sweet kids and we visited for a few minutes before I went up to the trailer to get Candace's adoption form. Five minutes later Kermit took me back to the super nice family, so Hugh could sign-off on Candace's adoption form.

While Hugh signed the adoption form their sweet children were taking turns petting, hugging and kissing Candace and I could tell that she loved it, because her tail was wagging ninety-miles-an-hour. After a fun visit with the family we thanked them for adopting Candace and then I shot them with my camera, before they took Candace to her fantastic, forever home in Houston.


After Candace had left the ranch with her new family, I came inside and called Kinky on the phone to tell him about another great adoption and he was delighted.

The reason that I did not post on my blog last night was sort of selfish, because I needed some "Nancy Time" and I had a total blast. I spent the evening taking turns playing my guitar and mandolin, laying down four different sound tracks to a song that my brother Ronnie wrote years ago, using my Garage Band software. And after I had mixed the four tracks together I was fairly pleased with the way it turned out, but T. thought it sounded really great, but then again, he thinks that anything I do is great and that is why he is my biggest cheerleader.

Today has been a quiet day so that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some rain!

1 comment:

The Kress Family said...

Cousin Nancy-
We just saw that we made your blog a year ago, and are so excited! Thank you for Candace (now called Medina)- she is such a love and we are so lucky to have her! It was nice to see you last Wednesday on our "anniversary" of adopting Medina. We hope the dogs enjoy the food Blakeley collected. Please tell Kinky Candace Bergen's family says hello!
We love Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch! Thanks for all you do!

Love,
The Kresses