Saturday, August 27, 2011

Good Night!

Today has been another great day. This morning while T. and I were outside feeding dogs and cleaning their pens, Marguerite, the nice woman who wants and is willing to give Enzo Swift a home called and left a message on Carlton, asking me to call her, because she had a few questions to ask me about Enzo.

Because today is our official Open-House day, we spent much of the day outside, giving many visitors  tours of the rescue ranch, so my first opportunity to call Marguerite back was around 2:23 and I had a total blast visiting with her.

Like Susan, at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, had told me yesterday, Marguerite is a very nice woman and she loves dogs as much as we do. During my fun conversation with Marguerite she told me that she had read both of my books, that she had bought at Wolfmueller's Books and that she also enjoys reading my blog and she reads it every evening after she gets home from work and that made me feel so good. Then she told me about her meeting with Enzo yesterday.

"I was at Hoegemeyer's to pick up some medicine for one of my dogs and Susan told me they had a German Shepherd that needed a home and I said, "Are you talking about Enzo Swift," and she says, "Yes, but not for you. I wanted to know if you knew anyone wanting a nice German Shepherd," so I start laughing and turn around to the two people sitting in the waiting room, with their pets and asked them, "Has Susan asked y'all about Enzo needing a home and they both said, "No," and we all started laughing. I love Susan."

"Me, too. Tony and I think the world of her."

After Marguerite told me about her meeting Enzo and wanting to give him a try with her dogs and two old cats, I asked her if she had read, Kinky's, Tony's and my all time favorite book, The Art of Racing In The Rain, "No, not yet, but I plan to buy it, because you are always mentioning it on your blog and I know that Enzo Swift was named in honor of the dog in that book."

"That's great, but don't buy it. I have an extra copy that I want to give to you. I will drop it off at Hoegemeyer's, so you can read it before you adopt Enzo, two weeks after his last heart worm treatment  on Wednesday and he has recovered..."

A little while later, Marguerite tells me that her sister Harriette, who lives down on the Texas Gulf Coast is like me, because she too is scared of driving in big cities and heavy highway traffic and we started laughing about it. "Please tell Harriette that I would love to meet her, since I know that we are definitely kindred spirits."

When our fun conversation had ended I was so thrilled about her adopting Enzo, I went and told Tone all about her being so nice, being a vet-tech for over twelve years and about the many dogs that she has rescued etc. and he was glad to hear it.

Early this evening when Tony and I got back from Kerrville, our dear friend Carol paid us a visit and we charged her nothing (This is my attempt to be funny and to make you laugh.) and Tony and I really enjoyed visiting with her.

When she arrived I whipped up my new recipe, "Cousin Nancy's Goat Cheese with Hatch Green Chiles" and Carol loved it as much as we did, as we sipped some of my delicious, inexpensive fine Franzia Chillable Red boxed wine with Ozarka Water and iced cubes added. "Carol, to make this recipe, I used H-E-B's Honey Goat Cheese, found in their cheese specialty department and a can of Hatch Green Chiles, that's it, but please don't tell anyone."

After Carol had promised not to tell, we talked about Tony's 1973 VW Beetle and how much we loved VW's and then I showed off my new, giant George Foreman Grill to her, an early birthday present from Tony and she told me she loved it and that's when I purposefully told her about my fun trip to Whole Foods and Target with Sandy and Patty this past Monday, because I was setting her up for my question, "Carol, do you have a George Foreman Grill?"

"No, but I know they are healthy and great for grilling."

So, I turned my back to her, picked up my cute, little, pink George Foreman Champ grill, that I had bought at Target for only $15.00 and said, "Carol, I want to give this to you. I've only used it three times and I don't need it and I promise that you are going to love it." Then I set it down on the kitchen table in front of her, along with the instruction booklet, drip tray and spatula.

"Oh, Nancy! I love it and I can't wait to use it. It's the perfect size for me and I love that it is pink, too. Thank you so much..."

And, that is about it for tonight, but I want to thank Carol for the delicious cookies that she made for T. and me. I'm going to bed. Good night.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for rain for us!

No comments: