Friday, August 19, 2011

One Of The Ghosts!

Today has been great. This morning June, Ellen, Eileen, Lisa and Jim, the Best Volunteers In Texas, came out to walk our dogs for us, while Tony and I did our morning chores and we loved it, but our dogs loved it even more.

After "The Girls" had walked our dogs they came up to the trailer for a fun visit. They all loved my "San I Jus Do" plaque by the artist Esteban, that my dear friend Reverend Analea Rawson gave to me and we discussed where I should hang it.

Then I had them listen to Steve Martin's "Rare Bird" Grammy award winning album's bluegrass version of the "King Tut" song and they loved it and laughed and Lisa told me that she was going to buy it as soon as she got home.

When it was time for them to leave to go eat lunch in Medina before going back home to Kerrville, June invited us to join them and because we had so much fun visiting with them I said, "Yes! We will meet y'all there."

OMG! Lunch with them was a blast for T. and me. We were the only table in the Highway 16 Cafe that literally laughed non-stop. Seriously, these women are so hilarious and when we took turns telling about our weddings Eileen won when she told us about her sweet, sister Dean getting married in a hot air balloon. "It was a really cool wedding, but after they got married they came down and had a really rough landing. It took three hard hits before it settled to the ground and Dean had a really hard time getting out of the basket because she was wearing a tight skirt."

"I wonder if it is legal to get married up in the sky?" I teased. Everyone started laughing and Eileen told us that she would call Dean to make sure about it being legal.

Lisa's tale of her wedding had everyone laughing out loud and June's story about her and Kevin had me shaking with laughter and I did not hear all of Ellen's story because the waitress came up to talk to me, but I know it was funny because everyone was laughing.

I can't tell you every thing that we laughed and talked about, to protect their and our privacy, but all in all it was a one heck of a great time. And before our hen-party with Tone came to a close, Ellen said, after we had begged her to be in our L—BeNT band, "Well, I guess that I could, because I do know how to play the washtub bass and..." We were all thrilled that she is now a member in our jug band with T. and Ben—that as of date— has never once practiced all together. 

Before we adios-ed each other and climbed into our trucks I said, "Y'all, this has been so much fun and the next time we do this I'm bringing my digital recorded to record it, so I can remember everything that was said." 

Late this afternoon Kinky returned to the ranch after being gone since last Sunday, so Tony and I went over to visit with him around 5:30, after we had fed the donkeys and the horses. After we had caught up with each other's news in Kinky's kitchen, we went outside and sat in the rockers and talked about the serious drought were in, as The Friedmans played in the dirt, because the grass is completely gone. 

After we had exhausted that sore subject Kinky said, "Tone, you have really become one great photographer," as Tony focused and clicked away on his camera, capturing the many Hummingbirds swarming Kink's porch for a drink, "Those pictures in your hallway are beautiful and exceptionally good." Then we heard a man talking inside the Lodge. "What in the h#$@ was that?" Kinky whispered. "Did y'all hear that?"

"Yes, I did," I whispered, "It sounded like a man saying, "Here Kitty. Here Kitty."" Tony nodded his head that he had heard it too and then we heard the man speak again, but none of us could understand what he had said, so Kinky got out of his chair and went inside the Lodge to look around. 

Thirty seconds later Kinky came outside, "No one is inside the Lodge."

"Kinky, I heard him. clear as a bell, softly say, "Here kitty. Here kitty."And so did y'all. Who in the heck is out here?" I asked, as Tony and I stood up and followed Kinky around the Lodge to look around.

After Kinky had checked out the annex and had come back outside, he said, "It must be one of the ghosts," he said, quite seriously and I knew that he was right, because that was the very first thought to pop into my mind when we heard the ghost, that loves cats, so we went back around the Lodge and sat down in the rockers again, to visit for a little while longer, before Tony and I came back home.

It is now 8:42 and time for me to do a little reading before going to bed.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for rain for us!

No comments: