Sunday, August 15, 2010

I like Ikey!

Today we had several visitors out here, but the last ones that came out around three o'clock made my day. Brentley and his wife Anna and their adorable children Michaela and Rockwell came from Austin to adopt Princess Leia.


When the kids first set eyes on our little princess they fell in love with her and could not wait to go into her pen so they could meet her. As they petted her and she gave them kisses they asked their parents if they could buy her. Brentley and Anna laughed and told them yes and the kids were thrilled, but not as much as Princess Leia was.

After Brentley signed the adoption papers Tony put a pretty lavender leash on her and then they put her in their car and followed us over to Kinky's Lodge. As soon as Tony parked Kermit and they got out of their car Michaela was holding Princess Leia's leash and told us, "Her new name is Ikey and we love her." Then Kinky came out of the Lodge and greeted Brentley and his sweet family.

"Hello, Princess Leia," He said, as he stooped down to pet her.

"Her new name is Ikey," I said.

"Ikey?" Kinky said, wearing a smile. "I like Ikey." Then we all went inside the Lodge for a short visit. Before leaving I shot them.

After the nice family drove away with our precious cargo on board I said, "That adoption just made my day. That little dog has definitely found her a fantastic forever home." Everyone agreed with me. "Kinky, I love it when a dog gets returned to us, because they always end up finding their real forever home within two weeks or less. It's amazing and it happens every time."

P.S. I want to wish Brian and Rose a happy two year anniversary. We love y'all!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: