Friday, August 27, 2010

Eat More Fiber!

Today was about as exciting as watching wet paint dry. This morning after I walked six miles I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky.

When I arrived at the Lodge a white van was parked near the gate. When I went into the kitchen Kinky introduced me to—Chris the plumber. "I've got plumbing problems," Kinky said, as he poured himself some coffee.

"Eat more fiber," I said, followed by a laugh. Then Chris told us that he was going to run a snake through the pipes and he asked us to listen if we could hear it inside the house. Then Chris went outside and turned on the snake.

Kinky and I started laughing as we heard the snake below our feet crawling toward his bathroom. We watched Chris from the kitchen window, because he was only two feet away from where we were sitting inside. Kinky and I then started wisecracking and making jokes about plumbing problems. We were laughing hysterically when Chris came inside and went to the bathroom to check the level of the water in the toilet. "How high's the water, Mama?" I whispered, which made us laugh even harder.

When Chris came out of the bathroom he was frowning and said, "It has come up about four inches and it looks like you're going to need to get your septic pumped out. Do you know where the septic tank is, Mr. Friedman?"

Kinky pointed outside and then we went outside. "It's only about ten feet from the Lodge and if I remember correctly I think it is in this area." Chris then started stomping in circles around the designated area. Kinky and I looked at each other and tried not to laugh.

"I'm stomping real hard and listening, because if I find the tank the sound will change," Chris explained. Then Kinky started stomping around in his blue Crocs behind Chris. We all started laughing and that's when I came home.

This evening Tony replaced the step railing going up to our front porch. When I saw the unpainted board I decided to paint it and the steps, but this time instead of using an oil base paint, which took forever to dry the last time I painted the porch a few years ago—I used exterior latex acrylic flat paint and it dried real fast since it was ninety-nine degrees outside. Here are the before and after pictures of my paint-the- porch-project.



After painting the steps and the rail I decided that the whole front porch could use a fresh new coat of paint, so I painted until I ran out paint. The next time we go to Kerrville I will pick up another bucket of paint and hopefully I will have the porch completely painted within the next few days.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

This doesn't have anything to do with today's blog, but someone sent me a video of a true challenger for the Medina Bulldog and/or the Hummingbird Man.

See what you think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng1wVkqJV38

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! I loved watching Amadeus, the cute, little Chihuahua clear the table! I'm sure he could give the Medina Bulldog and The Hummingbird Man a run for their money.