Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Cadillac Tour!

Last night I didn't post a blog because we had a few thunderstorms, so we had everything unplugged, so I went to bed early—in hopes of catching up on some much needed sleep, but that didn't happen.

Around eleven-fifteen a loud clap of thunder woke me up and everyone else in the house. Mama, Abbie and Thunder started barking and then Hank, Little Girl and Toto chimed in, because they dislike thunderstorms as much as I do. Then it started lightning and it rained so hard that it almost sounded like it was hailing instead of raining.

After T. and I had settled down our fur family we all went back to bed as the monster thunderstorm outside banged and lit up the sky for over an hour. When the storm had passed I fell asleep, but not for long.

"Wake up, Nance," Tony said, as he crawled out of bed and turned on the lamp beside our bed.

"What is it?" I asked, before realizing exactly what it was.

"Thunder is sick. She had an accident on the quilt and she can't quit pooping..." Tone said, as he carried Thunder outside to the front yard. I climbed out of bed and grabbed the soiled quilts on the floor and went outside with them, so T. could turn a hose on them to wash them off before I put them into Queen Bee, so I could wash them.

By three o'clock in the morning Thunder's storm was over and she, Little Girl, Hank and Abbie were resting peaceably on their cleaned quilts on the floor, as T. and I fell asleep with Mama and Toto snoring loudly between us.

Morning came early for Tony and me. We were up by five-thirty. While I fed our dogs—Tony made a fresh pot of coffee for us. We were thrilled to see Thunder eat all of her scrambled eggs that I especially made for her and she seemed to be back to normal, because last night I was scared that her organs were shutting down and the end was near.

When the sun finally came up this morning, Tony took off for the Old Timer and I started walking with Leslie. When he returned home I had walked eight miles with Sansone and had breakfast ready to serve.

Late this afternoon I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and his guests from Santa Ynez, California. After a fun visit with Karen and her adult children Kira and Alex, Kinky suggested that we come over to the rescue ranch, so we could give them a tour of it.

After Tony, Kinky and I had introduced them to all of our super dogs, Alex stayed behind to visit with Pearl and then with Nellybelle, because he is thinking of adopting one of them! "Alex, if you decide to adopt one of them we can fly your new forever friend out to California!" I said, before joining Karen, Tone, Kinky and Kira for a visit over by the barn.

When Alex joined us, Kinky suggested that we finish it off with the "Cadillac Tour" to show them the Space Ship and then go into Outer Space for a fun visit and that is exactly what we did. To say the least, they loved the Space Ship, Outer Space and our dogs—and we had a blast.

Today has been a good day. I am glad that Thunder is still with us and sleeping next to my chair as I type these words. I am one lucky person.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: