Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We're Heading Your Way, Rick And Leisa, John, and Pete and Kelly!

Today has been one whirlwind of a day! As I write this blog, I have clothes washing in Queen Bee, for our mini-vacation tomorrow, and Ry Cooder is singing, Jesus On The Mainline! It's a great song, and I love Ry Cooder!

This morning was normal. I fed the dogs and cat, did the walk, did paperwork, talked to Kinky before he jetted off to Odessa, Texas, etc. I made Moo Goo Gai Pan for lunch, and Tone cleaned his plate. Then I cleaned his plate. Then we took off for Kerrville to run errands, and to pick Hank up from Hoegemeyers, because he had to have three teeth pulled!

Our first stop was at Wolfmueller's Books to visit with Sandy and Jon! We had a fun visit with them, and just before we were leaving, Sandy and Jon surprised me with a fantastic gift! They gave me a huge picture on poster board, of Kinky's book jacket, for Kinky' Friedman's Celebrity Pet Files, that Simon and Schuster had sent to them for promotional purposes! "Nancy," Sandy said. "Because Beckham is in the picture when he was a baby, Jon and I want you to have it!" I was speechless and thrilled! "Put it in your Space Ship or your writing cabin or in the trailer!"

After running a few more errands, we picked up Hank! He was so happy to see us, but not as happy as we were to see him! He has to be on three kinds of medications, and should be just fine in a few days!

As soon as we walked into the trailer with Hank, my sister, Cindy was on the phone talking to Carlton, "I got my fishing license last night, and I am at H.E.B. buying some groceries for our trip. Is there anything I can pick up for..."

"Hi Cindy! I just walked in the trailer and..." After talking to Cindy about our trip tomorrow to Port Aransas, I decided to talk to Tone. Instead of half-hollering down the hall, like I usually do, I went online to iChat and gave him a ring. Tone answered on the second ring. "T., Cindy just told me that she got her fishing license, and she is going to fish! I need to go to Medina right now to get a fishing license, before the Medina Hardware closes. Do you want to go?"

Three minutes later, Buttermilk was taking us to Medina! When we arrived at the Medina Ace Hardware store, we went inside, and we were greeted by three friendly men, standing at the counter. "Hi Tony and Cousin Nancy. What do y'all need today?"

"I'm fixin' to go fishing, and I need a fishing license for the ocean," I said. "We're going to Port A. tomorrow!" A couple of minutes later, after having to give this nice man my social security number, it puzzled me why they needed that personal information on me, to possibly try to catch, kiss and release a fish, which I felt sounded really fishy, and not necessary at all, and I felt it was none of our goverment's business as to where I'm fishing or where anyone else is fishing in this country. It made me mad and then it really scared me and made me sad.

I did get my license to catch and release the Gulf of Mexico fish, and I am sure that I am now in some government computer, which is really sad to me. I was thrilled that I didn't have to take a vision test to cast away, which was good, because I had left my 'useless,' one hundred and fifty dollar bifocals at the trailer, sitting on the kitchen table, to collect dust, while I was wearing my cheaters!

When Tony and I came home, we got to packing! As soon as our clothes are dry, in a few more minutes, I think we are ready, set, go to Port A. I am sure that I will have forgotten something important to bring along, but that's okay.

We're taking both of our computers, four cameras, two iPods, two iPod Touches, the portable Bose iDock system, my guitar, two of Tone's rods and reels, and my pink rod and reel, and some comfort food.

The dryer, Airy Queen, just beeped, to let me know his work is done. I need to go fold clothes now, and pack our Duffel bag. We're leaving here around seven-thirty tomorrow morning, and I am going to have to do The Harley Show live from the road at 7:45!

Ben will be holding down the fort, along with Todd and Jan, while we are gone. Thank you, Ben, Todd and Jan! We couldn't have done it without you!

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

DY_Goddess said...

"We're taking both of our computers, four cameras, two iPods, two iPod Touches, the portable Bose iDock system, my guitar, two of Tone's rods and reels, and my pink rod and reel, and some comfort food."

Don't forget the worms, oh, and have fun!!!