Saturday, October 17, 2009

The First Breakfast!

This morning, I overslept, but it didn't bother me, because today is my fifty-eighth birthday! I didn't walk today, because today is my birthday! And, I no longer can legally drive a vehicle in the state of Texas, because today is my birthday! I like birthdays!

This morning after feeding the fur clan, I started a load of laundry, and then I cleaned up and got dressed. By eight o'clock, I was in the kitchen cooking breakfast tacos, for The First Breakfast of my fifty-eight years on the planet! A few minutes later, Tone came home. "Happy Birthday, Nance!" Then he handed me a card! His sweet sentimental card, made me tear up, or it might have been from the onions, that I had just chopped and thrown into the skillet. "I'm sorry that I don't have a present for you, I ran out of time. I want to take you out to dinner tonight, and then tomorrow, I'll go buy you a present. Please don't cry."

"I'm fine, Tone," I said. "I just accidentally rubbed my eyes, after dicing up an onion." At eight-forty-five, I put the last foil wrapped. breakfast taco, into the oven to keep warm. Then I cleaned up the kitchen. I was ready to party!

At nine o'clock sharp, the dogs outside started barking! It was Marcie, Ben, Mario and Frank driving up! When they came inside the trailer, the party began! After hugs and handshakes, Mario handed me a beautiful birthday cake, that he had bought for me! It looked delicious!

After everyone had filled their cups with coffee, I pulled the breakfast tacos out of the oven, and everyone served themselves, because it was my birthday!

Not to brag, my tacos were delicious! The best that I have ever made! In fact, Frank said, that he had eaten breakfast tacos all over Austin, and he thought mine were the best that he had ever eaten! As we ate breakfast, we watched Playing For Change, as we visited with each other. Everyone loved it, too! I knew they would.

When the breakfast dishes were soaking in the sink, I removed the cake from the box, then everyone sang the Happy Birthday To You!, song to me! Then we ate the cake! It was delicious, too! Then we sat around the kitchen and the 'big room' talking and laughing! Here's a picture that Tone took of us.

An hour later, the party ended, and my friends went back over to the Lodge. After cleaning up the kitchen I sat down at the kitchen table and began opening up birthday cards from all around the world, wishing me the best birthday ever! I loved reading everyone of them, and I want to thank all of you for making my day so special!

I also want to thank Sandy Wolfmueller, Ellen Jackson, and Ellen Cooper, for their singing phone calls. I loved it! They made me smile.

This afternoon, I decided to live dangerously, because it was my birthday! I drove Marcie, Mario and Tony to the mail boxes, out on Highway 16, and didn't get caught! On the way out to the highway, Tony showed off his Garmin GPS to Marcie and Mario and they were really impressed with it.

When we returned to the rescue ranch, I quickly opened up a package from Karen Cares. I knew it was going to be a necklace that she had made for me, because 'Erb, her husband, had sent me an e-mail, the day before, alerting me that it was coming. When I pulled the necklace out, everyone's jaw dropped, because it was absolutely beautiful! Marcie said, "Nance, it's exquisite! I can't believe that she made this for you." I couldn't either, and neither could Mario and Tone!

As Tony put it on me, I read her card, telling me that the pendant is called The Naja. It has its origin with the Moors in Spain. It is considered to be a good luck charm! And, it is thought that it was handed down from the Spanish Moors to Mexico and then to the Navajo Indians. Karen wrote that she made the red seed bead caps to add color.

Talk about one talented woman! I love it, Karen, and I don't want to ever take it off! Thank you so much, Karen! I can't wait to show it to Kinky, tomorrow!

After Marcie and Mario admired it some more, we jumped into Buttermilk, and I broke the law, again—I drove them back over to the Lodge and I didn't get caught!

When I came back home, there was a package for me, sitting on the breakfast bar! It was from my dear friend, Ann, who lives in New Mexico! Tony opened it for me. It was the cutest mini-chandelier, that I have ever seen! Ann had sent it to me, because she thought it would look great in the Space Ship! And, it does! I've already hung it up over the sink!

After hanging it up, I came back inside the trailer to read more birthday cards. Tony and I laughed out loud at the funny ones, and the ones that made noise! Thank y'all, again for making my day! The last envelope I opened was from my dear friend, Jim Callahan. That's when I nearly fell out of my chair!

Jim sent me an autographed, black and white picture of Roy and Dale with Trigger! I love it, and am going to frame it tomorrow and hang it in my writing cabin! I can't wait! Thank you, Jim!

My fifty-eight birthday has been the best birthday ever, and I want to thank everyone who sent me a birthday card, or e-mailed me best wishes, called me on the phone, those who made donations to our rescue ranch in honor of my birthday, and sent gifts! I love y'all!

P.S. Tony and I decided to not go out tonight, because we were tired, and are old!

Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Simply Cindy Lou said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday. I wrote one for every year. LOL

You are the greatest Nancy and you are definately looking great!

cousin nancy said...

Thank you, Cindy! I loved your card!

DY_Goddess said...

A wonderful birthday for a wonderful gal. That cake looked divine! Yummy!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! It was delcious!