Thursday, February 27, 2020

The Duck!

Today has been great. I've spent most of my day doing my second full edit on my third novella, which is now actually a book instead of a novella. And so far I am very pleased with how it is going.

Late this afternoon I walked down to the mailbox to get our mail. I had a notice from the Post Office that I needed to come pick up a package, sent to me from Canada, at the Medina Post Office. So Tony and I went to Medina to pick it up.

Omg, I absolutely love what our dear friend Fay, in Toronto, sent to me and her timing was perfect, because lately I've been somewhat depressed concerning Roy Rogers, my faithful, old companion that Tony and I rescued on December 22, 2011.

Seriously, Roy is my soulmate and it is simply impossible for me to explain just how much I love this great, old dog—MY BEST FRIEND.

Anyway, when I opened Fay's package, as we were driving back home, I teared up immediately when I saw the beautiful canvas portrait of Roy. And tears filled my eyes all of the way home, because I know that Roy's days are numbered now and  that he will not be around much longer to bring me joy and make me feel so loved. And Fay knew that I've been depressed about Roy. Here is her sweet note to me.




That was so sweet of Fay to want to cheer me up concerning Roy and I love the spin that she put on Roy-al, because of the portrait. And of course I love the cute, little green martian sticker.

And even before we got back home I already knew exactly where I wanted to hang Roy's canvas portrait. So when we got back home I quickly took this picture of the wall in front of my desk, because I had decided to remove the wooden-carved duck, above the oval clock, so I could replace it with Roy's beautiful portrait. 


Then Tony unscrewed the duck from the wall and seconds later there was Roy's portrait hanging in its place.



And yes, I teared up again. But now I am so happy that I can look up from my desk and see Roy or see him anytime when I am in the kitchen or the big room. So I do want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, and say: 

"Fay, thank you so very much for sending me this fabulous canvas portrait of Roy. I love it and I love you & Ian! And I will treasure it forever! You are the BEST! And so is Roy's portrait!

But P.S. Fay, when you have the time could you please send me a bottle of wood glue, if Customs will allow it, because the duck's head broke-off, when Tony removed it from the wall.

     Always With Love & Best Wishes,
       Nancy"


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing/quacking!

2 comments:

Fay said...

Your ROY-al portrait looks wonderful and so glad you can enjoy it! Please give Roy a hug and kiss from his Canadian friends. Have a great weekend!
Fay

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay!!! I love the ROY-al portrait so much! Thank you so much. You're the best!!!