Thursday, March 21, 2019

The Cowgirl Sisterhood's Traveling Pants! or In Your Face!

Omg, today has been great. Tony and I worked this morning and when we came back home sweet Henry Standing Bear had stolen the roll of toilet paper out of the bathroom and the whole house looked like Henry had a poorly planned confetti-throwing party, inside The Cabin.

While Tony and Hazel, our purple Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner, cleaned up the shredded tissues I sent Mari an e-mail to make sure we were still meeting in the park this afternoon. And sure enough we were!

Not long after Henry's festive decorations had disappeared, it was time for us to take off for Kerrville, because I wanted to leave early, so we could take my mannequin and drop it off, at Wolfmueller's Books, so Jim & Liz could pick it up.

And while Tony was out in the barn locating my mannequin I decided, as a joke, to put two of my new label-less bottles, from the Cracker Barrel, inside my 501 Levi's jean's pockets that my mannequin was still wearing.


And here are the pictures I took of the Cowgirl Sisterhood's Traveling Pants leaving Big Foot Ranch and finally arriving at Sandy & Jon's Wolfmueller's Books.








And needless to say—people on the sidewalk and inside the bookstore stood back and thought it was hilarious watching Tony transporting the Cowgirl Sisterhood's Traveling Pants and they were all laughing as Tony marched past them as if carrying a mannequin was nothing unusual to do.

After Tony had put the mannequin back in Sandy's & Jon's office, for safe-keeping, we had a fun visit with our dear friends. Then we took off for the beautiful Louise Hays Park, so we could meet Mary and Autry, her awesome seven-year-old, award-winning, agility-trained, Australian Cattle Dog.

On our way to the park, I thanked Tony for carrying the jeans-wearing mannequin for me, so I could document the "traveling-pants" event and he mumbled something. 

So, I said, "Tony, I bet that you are the very first mannequin-toting man to ever walk down Earl Garrett Street, in broad daylight and you are probably the first to ever carry a mannequin into Wolfmueller's Books. You made history today, in Kerrville, Texas! That is so cool!" And while I continued to take pictures and feed the ducks and geese Tony started getting his camera ready, so he could take some more awesome pictures.


When Tony met Autry, a great, friendly, well-mannered dog, he said, "Autry reminds me a lot of Blue," As he and Autry became fast friends.


Mari and I talked non-stop as we strolled from bridge to bridge, as Tony and Autry walked silently with us. 

When we stopped to take a break, I started taking pictures of this magnificent dog. And when Autry came up close to the lens I took this cute picture of him, and I've titled it In Your Face!


And that is about it for today. Life is good. Thank goodness.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun and great time...
Happy Friday and here's to y'all and a wonderful, fun weekend. We so love your blog and books. I have 3 on my kindle, which I use for reading mostly while I travel at times.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! Thank you for your kind words. I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend, too.