Saturday, March 2, 2019

Funky!

Today has been great for so many reasons. First off, I am thrilled to say that I am finally winning my personal battle with the allergies/mold or whatever it was that was creating havoc on my sinuses. So I am very thankful that my nose has quit dripping like a faucet, the sneezing has ceased and my bouts with coughing are a thing of the past.

This morning when I first woke up I realized that I could actually breathe through my nose, again, so when I did my habit (Say, "Today is going to be a great day!" Then loudly clapped my hands together and then launched myself out of bed.) I honestly believed that it was going to be a great day. And so did our dogs, because they were so happy to see me back to normal.

Tony and I got to work a few hours next door, at Escondida Resort, this morning and that was a lot of fun, because the staff, who we now consider to be dear friends, were all happy and they seemed glad to see us as much as were glad to see them. And during a brief coffee break, with sweet Sarah, she had me laughing so hard, coffee almost came out of my nose. But I would have been perfectly okay with that, because at least it would have been slow drip coffee.

When Tone and I got back home I decided to make us something different for our lunch. So, I mixed up some artichoke hearts with spinach, added some sour cream and cream cheese, threw in some diced onions and garlic and added a little salt & pepper and Parmesan cheese to the mixture, before I wrapped it up in a pie dough and cooked it for about 20 minutes. Bottom   Line: Tony loved it and so did I.

This afternoon, I went out to my she-shed aka writing cabin/guest hut (I used the word "hut" to describe it, because it is only a 10'X12" Tuff Shed that we put windows in, etc.

Anyway, I spent about an hour out there scrubbing the new floor with a soap and vinegar solution. Because after this Arctic front arrives tomorrow night and it finally blows through, it will be warm enough for me to a apply a thin coat of sealant to protect the wood.

Yes, I know that a while back I told y'all that I would take pictures of the new, re-purposed floor, which can be described as rustic, or better said—funky, but I've decided to wait until I can show you the finished product.

I am already in love with my tiny writing cabin and even though it is smallish, to say the least, it already is filled with such good vibes that I keep wanting to go back out there, because it just makes me feel so good.

And the best part of turning a Tuff Shed into my official writing cabin is yet to come, because I cannot wait to decorate it.

Next week after I'm done with the floor, I am planning to reupholster the big comfy chair and hang up some of my favorite pictures and signs. And since I am going to reupholster the chair I've decided to also sew new curtains, again. Because I want the colors of the curtains and the chair to compliment one of my Pendleton Camp blankets. And I already have the fabrics to do it!

And just thinking about all that I've planned to do with the writing cabin has made me tired, so that is about it for tonight, because I plan to take my laptop, go sit by the cozy wood burning stove, and work on my third novella some more.


Because Henry Standing Bear is already sound asleep in my chair and I can't move him.


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: