Friday, March 15, 2019

Silas!

Thursday and today have been great, but they have flown by like a whirlwind. Tony and I worked yesterday morning and it was a lot of fun working with Rob, in the kitchen.

Oh my gosh, Rob can cook anything and I stay in constant awe of his kitchen/culinary skills and the guests that stay at the beautiful Escondido Resort love his delicious meals so much that they are always begging him for his mouth-watering recipes. And unbeknownst to Rob, I am secretly hoping to steal some of his recipes even though he tells me the ingredients.

But my problem is when Rob gives me the ingredients he uses they seem to always go in one ear and out the other, before I can go home and write them down. And I blame this on being sixty-seven-years old instead of just being stupid. But who knows?

All I know is that the guests staying at Escondido are always taking pictures of his beautiful appetizers and entrees, before they clean their plates. In fact, when we are serving the guests Rob's to-die-for breakfasts and dinners—because of the camera flashes the dining room lights up and reminds me of being at a rock concert.

Yesterday after we got to work next door Tony and I came home, but we didn't stay long, because we were meeting Mari and Si, at the Louise Hays Park, at 1:30, so I could feed the ducks and geese. And we could go for a fun walk.

Mari normally brings Tex along when we go on our  talkative-walks, but this time she was bringing Si, her rescued Redbone Coonhound, to get him ready for an upcoming dog walk-a-thon.

Now don't tell Roy Rogers or Henry Standing Bear or Little Debbie or Big Al(ice) or Beau Bridges, but I instantly fell in love with Silas aka Si.

Si was so cool, because he was so well-behaved and he loved meeting all of the kids and other dogs in the park. Si is huge, too. In fact, he is as big as Henry or he might be even bigger. Bottom  Line: I am now a big fan of Redbone Coonhounds.

After our enjoyable stroll and before we adios-ed Mari and Si, Mari gave us a sack of her freshly baked raspberry shortbread cookies and they are absolutely delicious.


Last night Tony and I got to work with Rob  again, in the kitchen and yes, it was fun as it always is. But when we came back home we were tired and went to bed early. And I am proud to say that yesterday I did so much walking at work and at the park I set a new personal steps record!


This morning Tony and I got to work with Rob again, in the kitchen. And of course we enjoyed it and the guests would not quit raving about how delicious Rob's breakfast was. And once again, Rob gave me the ingredients and they went in one ear and out the other.

Early this afternoon Tony and I went to the big H-E-B, in Kerrville, to stock up on some groceries and then we came home.  While I was cooking us lunch—Tony was chopping firewood outside and after we ate we both took naps. And when I woke up I was hugging Henry and we were sleeping like spoons and Little Debbie and Big Al(ice) were snuggling next to my knees. 

And that is about it for tonight, because I am going to write for a few hours before going to bed. And I am planning on spending all day tomorrow writing, because I am so close to finishing my third novella.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: