Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Passed Goal!

Today has been great—sort of. Today has been great for me, but not for Tony, because he either has delayed allergies (Like I did when my allergies were bothering me last week.) or he is sick with some kind of a bug.

Two days ago Tony started sneezing and coughing like I was doing last week. But the good news is he is not running any fever and other than coughing and sneezing a lot—he doesn't feel all that bad.

So, this morning since Tony wasn't feeling up to par I decided to "play" in my writing cabin. And because was finally a beautiful sunshiny day outside—I dedicated today to working on my soon-to-be-writing cabin.

First off, I hung up some more favorite pictures, cleaned the windows spotless, hung up the curtains I made a few days ago, moved some furniture around, applied a protective wood sealant to half of the wooden floor and then I played around with some decorating ideas.

I love decorating so much, even though it doesn't come naturally to me like it does to many others. But I still love decorating.

Anyway, before I started decorating my writing cabin with some of my favorite things, I sort of went on a treasure hunt to find the boxes of stuff  that came from my old pink cabin. And the good news is I found one of the boxes.

This box I found in the barn and when I opened it up there was some of my favorite pink cabin stuff. When I started going through the hastily packed items, better said, "treasures" I got a little teary- eyed, because there were gifts given to me by dear friends and loved ones, etc. and it brought back so many sweet memories. And that is why I keep them around.

The treasure that actually put the tears in my eyes was this little, stupid-looking coffee mug that I had made for my Mom, back in the late Seventies.

At the time I was dating Jim and in my spare time when I wasn't working or with Jim, I took this free pottery class, in Fort Worth. And now I know why it was free.

The instructor was great and after she had showed the class the pottery basics, she gave us these already molded mugs and she suggested that we carve something on them and paint them, before she put them into her gigantic kiln, to be fired for us for minimum charge. And, now I get it. The class was free and she made her money by charging us for firing them in her kiln.

I made two of these goofy-looking mugs and I can't remember what had inspired me to come up with this idea. Anyway, I made one for Mom and one for me. And when I "unveiled" my masterpieces for Mom, Dad and Jim—all we did was laugh.

"Mom told me that she loved her "cute"mug, but I knew better, because sometimes mothers have to lie, so not to hurt feelings. And all I can say is that she did a great job lying.

Anyway, after Mom "passed goal" and joined Dad and Jim in heaven, I found this mug when my brothers and sister and I had to go through and sort her things, before we sold her home. Here are the mug shots:



And that is about it for tonight, because tonight I plan to watch Dolphin Tales II again, on Netflix and then go to bed early, because tomorrow is a work day.

P.S. The letter following the "N" is an "O." (Damifino) Texas' closest thing to a living dinosaur.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

5 comments:

karlee3 said...

We're glad you're better and the mugs Are cute! We hope your Tony feels better soon, healing thoughts and prayers to him. We're thoroughly enjoying our Kerrville trip. Except it's been windier and chillier than hoped. Will be visiting Fredericksburg tomorrow. Hoping for a warmer Thursday. We so far have enjoyed the Cross on the hill in KV, LaFours, Mamacitas, Bandera and the 16 loop area, Stonehenge 2, the stores. There's much to see.
Take care and have a good evening. .

Fy said...

Awww, Nancy! Your Mum loved that mug. As a Mum to three human offspring, and, countless other offspring whom I loved, took care of, etc etc.... that is awesome. Love is limitless, and I love you xx
Fay

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karlee3 and Fay! Karlee3, that is great about y'all enjoying the Kerrville area and I hope y'all will go to the park and feed the ducks and geese. And if you do, please hug King Tut and Tut Two for me.

Fay, you are just too sweet. Thank y'all for your comments.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Nancy, those mugs look great, I think you maybe selling yourself short as an artist. :) Susan G, from Fort Worth.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Cousin Susie! Thank you for the compliment. And yes, I am short. Hugs to you and all of the cousins and their families.