Thursday, March 7, 2019

Even Though!

Today has been great—even though. Even though it is M.I.R. (Mercury In Retrograde) Time, again.

This past week things have been a little weird and if not for my good friend Jim "The Mineral Man" for sending me an e-mail this morning, alerting me that Mercury went retrograde two days ago. Otherwise, I would have just continued thinking that we are living in the strangest times.

In Jim's e-mail he also sent me a link to AstroStyle, about "How To Survive A Three-Week Communication Crisis." So, And I suggest that you check it out, because it helps explain what to expect and why this crummy Mercury Retrograde cosmic occurrence plays havoc with scheduling, misunderstandings, our computers and devices, etc. It is a good read.

So, this morning when I woke up I did my habit even though I was totally unaware that it was M.I.R. Time again, and it now explains why my printer was refusing to print for no reason. And it also explains a few other computer-related deals that happened yesterday.

Late this morning Tony and I went to the Hill Country Youth Event Center, in Kerrville , to watch Mari show Tex, at the dog show. The Hill Country Cluster is a four day event for the Greater Kerrville Kennel Club (Thursday & Friday) and the San Antonio Kennel Club, Inc. (Saturday & Sunday, in San Antone.)

I love going to dog shows and being around dog-people. When we arrived excitement was in the air. Dog-people were anxiously grooming their dogs, crating in dogs and there were dogs everywhere we looked.

Before we went to find Mari and Tex, at ring #6, we bought a 2019 Hill Country Cluster catalog (234 pages) for the all breed dog shows and this very nice, friendly woman, representing the Kerrville Chamber of Commerce, took my money and besides giving me a catalog, she gave us a pretty, blue frisbee, a yellow "You Are 🐾Pawsome" wristband and a a sack full of Kerrville visitor information on where to wine & dine, doctors, things to see, etc. And I was thrilled to see Wolfmueller's Books listed among the must-see things to see and do.


On our way to find Tex and Mari, I spotted two beautiful Great Pyrenees, so I stopped and took this picture of them.


When we reached Ring #6 Mari was talking to her dear friend Lori, who was also showing an awesome looking Australian Cattle Dog. We had a short meet & greet with our (NoMad) friends, then Tony and I went to go sit down, because we knew that Mari and Lori had better things to do than just stand around and visit with us, because they were about to go into the show ring.

Before we sat down, my dear friend Diane walked up behind me and she tapped me on my shoulder. Diane's husband is Jim Mc, who used to be one of our great dog walking volunteers/dog whisperer. And Tony and I had a nice visit with Diane and she told us that she loves going to dog shows, too.

Then the judge entered the ring, because she was ready to judge the Australian Cattle Dogs. Bottom   Line: Mari's and Lori's dogs were awesome! Tex placed 2nd and Lori's Australian Cattle Dog won 1st place.

When Tony and I got home I put on my work clothes (sweats) and went outside, to go work inside my cabin and I had a wonderful time hanging up more pictures, etc. while listening to my music.

Before I finish writing this I want you know that I loved watching Dolphin Tales II last night. In fact, I am thinking about watching it again tonight, because I love dolphins, too. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: