Monday, May 7, 2018

Come Together!

Today has been great. And I've just finished making the bed bumpers or whatever you're supposed to call those things.

Late this morning I recruited Tony to help me work, inside the Airstream, because I needed his help putting the bed skirts on, putting new mattress covers, mattress pads, sheets, pillowcases, etc. on the beds. This is what it looked like before we got started. And please note the old, faded bed bumpers.


After we put the the bed skirts on and had put the mattress covers and mattress pads on the beds I took this picture.


Originally, I had planned to make the bed skirts using just the gray fabric, but due to me challenged in measuring I had to go to Plan B and use some of the throw pillows fabric.

After putting all of the sheets on Tony helped me put the beautiful, Mexican blankets on the bed. To serve as bedspreads and blankets.


After I took that picture, I realized that I needed to cover the old bed bumpers with some new fabric, so we went, to Kerrville. The Home Town Crafts store to be exact. And thank goodness it only took me twenty minutes to find the fabrics I needed, because Tony was getting antsy.

When we got back home I got busy splicing the two fabrics and sewing them together, while Tone was, out in the Airstream, removing the cloth side panels or better said, "Bed bumpers," so I could put the new covers on them.

When I had finished sewing, Tony brought the panels/bumpers inside, and he helped me install the new covers. We had to use a glue gun and stapler to make it all come together. And yes, we ran out of staples and my pink, glue gun burned my pinkie finger. 


But I am not complaining, because I am thrilled how they turned out. Even though we need to stretch a little bit more of the fabric, before Tony installs them tomorrow morning. And please note that I had to cut the burnt orange fabric in halves and then sew the southwest design panel, in the middle, to make it longer, because I am measuring challenged or I need to get new glasses.


I cannot wait until tomorrow morning after Tony installs the bumpers, because I am hoping that the burnt orange will bring out the woven burnt orange threads, in the Mexican blankets. 

And that is about it for tonight, because I need to go clean up my mess, in the kitchen, before I roast some okra. Because tonight I plan to snack on the okra while I watch another movie.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

P.S. "Carol, when you called earlier this evening, I had just burned my pinkie finger and I was in no mood to visit, because it hurt. So I'll call you tomorrow after we install the bumpers and I sew new pillow covers for the throw pillows. I cannot wait for you to see what we've done. Even though I still need to sew bedroom curtains." 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love love this!! It looks so cute! I love Airstreams .. my family had one and when we weren't using it, I would clean it even though it was very clean. .. and pretend it was my little house. Such great memories!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! I totally love Airstreams, too. I love ours so much, I am going to use it as my writing cabin, when we don't have airbnb guests staying in it. Like you, I've had a blast spiffing it up and decorating it. Thank you for your comment.