Wednesday, March 28, 2018

My Stuff!

Whoa, last night right around midnight, I had already unplugged everything and I was reading and just about ready to go to bed when there was this super-loud thunder clap and the rain began pouring down.

Big Al(ice) who had been sleeping on my lap jumped up and her eyes told me that she was scared. So I carried her over to the kitchen island, put on her thunder jacket and then she took one of her itsy, bitsy "panic pills."  Then we all went to bed and we didn't sleep for at least an hour.

Today has been great. This morning a very nice man delivered our 2500 gallon water cistern using his forklift, because he had to park his eighteen-wheeler down the road, because he couldn't drive it onto Big Foot Ranch. And that is Big Al(ice) still wearing her thunder jacket, directing traffic.


While Aaron helped Tony set up the cistern and hook it up to our other 1500 gallon cistern, I searched in vain for the books that I've written.

It was very frustrating to me, because even though Tony and I had raided our closet, The Mother Ship, all of the packed boxes, inside the barn, etc. days before—I still came up empty-handed.

After Aaron adios-ed us, Tony helped me continue with my search, but still no books to be found. So I gave up and cooked us lunch. And yes, I admit I ate the delicious Mexican Hot Chocolate ice cream for dessert, because I am still on my sabbatical and Tony ate some, too.

Late this afternoon, we found my saddle and Maya's bridle, lead rope, pink blanket, etc. and Tony helped me haul them inside, The Cabin. I was so glad to find them even though I still have no idea where I am going to put my saddle and tack, because I used to keep it, in my pink cabin.


A little while later, Tony and I went over to Carol's beautiful ranch, so we could pick up Roy, our 2012 Dodge Ram truck, because Carol had offered to let us put it, inside her barn, in case of severe weather.

On our way over to Carol's, I got a bright idea, and said, "Tony, maybe my books are being stored, in Carol's barn. That's the only place that we haven't looked..." And sure enough they were! My last three books that I've written and self-published, after the University of Texas Press published my very first book The Road To Utopia: How Kinky, Tony & I Saved More Animals Than Noah, in 2006.

I was on Cloud 9 about finding my books and more of my stuff. So when Carol invited us to come inside, because "I have something I want to give to you, Nancy..." I went from Cloud 9 to Cloud 9 1/2, because Carol had given me the most beautiful, potted Easter Lily. She told me, "I love Easter Lilies and when I decided to buy one for myself I decided to get you one, too...."

As always we had a fun visit with Carol, while we petted sweet Scout (aka Carol's Shadow) and little Pepper, who occasionally low-growled at us in between pats on top of his head.

After we adios-ed Carol we came back home and Tony cheerfully carried in my big box of treasured stuff that included my books, because he was so tired of hearing me b*^%$# about "Where Are My Books?..." 


And while that was happening I took this picture of my beautiful Easter Lilies.


Then I started unpacking my box of goodies and I was thrilled about also finding my purple, alien, Roswell, New Mexico koozie, my pink, feathered, glittery drum sticks, my Chihuahua bottle topper that looks like Little Debbie, except it has two eyes, the famous Taos Pueblo. artist Jonathan Warm Day's beautiful note card and of course copies of my books that I've written.


So this evening, before I sit down and relax by watching a couple of episodes of Heartland, my all time favorite Netflix series, I plan to sign three of my books to our dear friends Andy & Lisa and to our new found friends Cathy & Chip. And I hope to mail them tomorrow, provided Carol can give me Chip & Cathy's Wisconsin address. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

P.S. Cathy & Chip if you read this post, please note that my two novellas are pure fiction and none of the stuff that I wrote about Carol is true, except that she is my best and dearest friend.

No comments: