Sunday, March 25, 2018

A Long Time Coming!

The last few days have been great and we finally finished working on our front porch and we only have the rest of the outside of The Cabin to do. Which due to budgeting could take several months for us to finish.

Tony and I love how the way The Cabin's front porch turned out, but it was a long process to get it the way we wanted it. So today's post is mainly going to be filled with before and after pictures of the front porch and here goes.

On June 22nd, when we got the property, I took this picture of the front of The Cabin.


On my birthday, October 17th, I took this picture of us, sitting outside, playing music with our dear friends: Hans, Stephen K. Morris, Jimmie and Chet O'Keefe.



In November, after we put up siding that we had stained, we decided to build a front porch.




In February, we replaced the old front door with this new door, even though it was still unpainted.


Recently, knowing that wasps would be gathering, under the front porch roof, we decided to paint the ceiling "sky blue." 



And this was a long time coming, because we were constantly going up and down ladders, etc. And after we finally finished painting the ceiling—we like the blue color so much we decided to change the green trim color to blue, too.


And then I decided to paint the stained siding white, because I felt that the white paint would protect the siding much better than stain. So we did that.

With that done, I decided to paint the front porch's white floor and that seemed to take us forever to accomplish.

Then three or four days ago, I decided that it was finally time for me to paint our front porch door Candy Apple Red, as I had planned to do since buying the door, back in June. 

Well, yesterday, after finally finishing the painting of the front door, I found my old, checker-painted, boards, that use to be inside my pink cabin, for over 18 years, and we used them as floor, trim boards.
And here is a picture that I took this morning of our finished front porch. And that is Big Al(ice) showing off her new place to potty.


And here is Little Debbie coming outside to find a place to go potty.


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Love it Nancy! Looks great...very patriotic with the red, white and blue! The checkerboard was a nice touch too! Jean

cousin nancy said...

Hi Jean! I'm glad you like it, too. Tony and I plan to come see y'all soon.