Sunday, February 12, 2017

Strip Tease!

Because I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Carl Hiaasen's fabulous, mystery Basket Case so much, last night I stayed up, until 1:00 to finish reading it. I loved how he ended it and I highly recommend it, not that Carl needs any help selling his fabulous books.


As y'all already know, when I get excited about something I can't help but blog about it. I am definitely excited about discovering Hiaasen's books and later on tonight I plan to start reading another one of his fun to read mystery books.

I am also excited about finding out about FORKS OVER KNiVES and their whole-foods, plant-based lifestyle. Just think, if I had not purchased their incredibly great magazine and checked out their website, Tony and I would still be eating unhealthy food.

Please note that my blog is not turning into a foodie blog or Mr. Hiaasen's Texas cheerleader for his novels, but I can't help writing about them, because I love reading his books so much and Tony's and my new healthy lifestyle change is so exciting to me.  

Today has been great. I slept in this morning, because I stayed up so late last night, to finish reading Basket Case by you know who.

Anyway, I must tell you about our delicious lunch that we ate this afternoon, because I can't help it. We had  the FORKS OVER KNiVES' delicious Red Kidney Bean and Rice with Cilantro-Cashew dressing again, because I still had leftover brown, short grained rice, but this time I also added summer squash and zucchini to the mix. 

When I started chopping and cooking, etc. I had time to thumb through the FOK's dessert section, in the their magazine. When I saw the delicious-looking Chia Pudding with Strawberries, on page 90, I decided it make it for dessert.

I was so anxious to make this dessert. But, because it needs to chill for one hour before serving, I recruited Tony to help me chop the tomatoes and kale. And he was glad to do it, because, he could not wait to eat the tasty Red Kidney Bean with Rice with Cilantro-Cashew dressing, again.


This dessert was so easy to make even though I had to use raspberries, instead of strawberries, because I didn't have any frozen strawberries. And I also decided to add blueberries to make it even more healthier. 

The ingredients to make this fabulous dessert are: almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla and you mix all of that together and then chill it for an hour. And when you serve it you top it with the fruit.

Here are pictures of our main meal along with a picture of Tony's plate.




Once again, their was plenty of leftovers, so I labeled it and put it in a big baggie and then  tossed it into the freezer.


Then I served our yummy dessert.


This dessert was like eating a healthy, soft-serve ice cream with fruit and it was so delicious I plan to make it regularly for us, because Tony loved it so much. 

Unfortunately, I did not have a white bowl to put it in, so I could photograph it, so please know that the not-too-pretty, orange bowl, does not do it justice.


And because this dessert was so delicious, but didn't look that appetizing, in the orange bowl, I am using a photo, on page 90, in my FOK's magazine, just so you'll know how delicious it actually looks. And please note that you can go to FORKS OVER KNiVES website, to learn more about this healthy lifestyle and you can download their free app that has all of these healthy, delicious recipes.


It is now time for me to start walking four more fast, firming miles with Leslie Sansone, before I go over to Kinky's, so he and I can go on a fun hike with The Friedmans. 

And before I go and not to disappoint y'all, I want to let y'all know that after I watch the Grammy's tonight, I'll start reading this book. LOL!


Y'all have a great Sunday and keep on laughing!

No comments: