Sunday, February 8, 2015

Oh Cedar!

Friday, Saturday and today have been great, if you don't count that Kinky, Tony and I have cedar fever. The good news is I am getting on the well side and Tony and Kinky are just starting to kick the cedar fever, too.

Friday was a busy day for us. In the morning our great friends/volunteers came out and we celebrated Eileen's birthday, at Koyote Grill. It was a lot of fun and Eileen's birthday cards were hilarious. Lisa made her signature rum birthday cake and everyone said it was more than delicious. I didn't get to eat any of it, because I was on my second day of juice fasting, that I was doing with my dear friend Mari. But, I did take a slice home with me and put it in the freezer, so I could eat it today. It is defrosting now and when I finish writing this I plan to share it with Tony.

When Tony and I got back home some good friends came out to visit us and in between Tony's and my coughing and sneezing it was a lot of fun. While they were still here Kinky called to tell me that his good friend Bill Christman had arrived. Bill is a very famous St. Louis sign maker, artist, author, sculptor and he owns Joe's Cafe Gallery, in the historic district of St. Louis. Anyway, Kinky told me that Bill wanted to meet us and get a tour of the rescue ranch, so I took off in Kermit to go meet Bill and bring him over here.

Bill and I instantly hit it off. We liked the same kind of music, he plays guitar, etc. so I ended up giving Bill the grand tour of the rescue ranch even though I coughed, sneezed and blew my nose for the whole two hours that he was here. If you want to check out my newest friend Bill Christman here are some links:

Saturday was great, too. Our good friend Dennis Lanning and his motorcycle friend, David, came out to visit us after spending the early afternoon celebrating Bandera's Mardi Gras. We had a wonderful time with them, even though they had to suffer through Tony's, Kinky's and my cedar fever bouts of coughing, sneezing and blowing our noses. Tony took these pictures of Dennis and me posing by his new BMW motorcycle and one with David, me and Dennis.

Like I said earlier, today has been great, too. To celebrate completing my three day juice fast with Mari, Tony and I ate brunch at Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant. I ordered their Sinker Omelet that comes with hash browns and toast and Tony had their grilled hamburger steak with cauliflower and mashed potatoes. Tony cleaned his plate and I only ate half of the delicious omelet, because I was already full and even though it was tempting, I did not eat the toast or hash browns. 

After lunch we ran a few errands. We went to Tractor Supply and the little H-E-B. Then we came back home and did a little mowing. Tony warmed me about making the cedar fever worse by mowing before we started mowing the grass down and I wished I had listened to him, because now I can't quit coughing or sneezing. And I was sick when Carol called me, later this afternoon, to invite us over for a happy hour with her and Bill, because I had to decline her invitation, because of the cedar fever. 

I plan to watch the Grammy's tonight and that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: