Friday, February 13, 2015

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do! or I Need Heat!

Today has been great. This morning our fabulous friends/volunteers came out to walk our dogs. Even though my back was killing me I went outside to visit with them, because I knew that they would cheer me up, because I have been depressed because of my ongoing cedar fever allergy, my back going out on me and Tony's severe chest congestion due to his cedar fever. In other words, "I was sick and tired of us being sick and my back causing Tony to work overtime waiting on me hand and foot, because I cannot bend over, etc. And I am secretly thinking that he is getting tired of doing all of those little things that I do everyday.   : )

This afternoon after enjoying a fun lunch with our great friends/volunteers we returned home. Fifteen minutes later, after talking to Tony about how much worse his chest congestion was getting and him not being able to get rid of it, I made a decision and said, "Tony, we need to go to the little H-E-B now, because I need heat and I want you to talk to the pharmacist about what you need to buy to get rid of your horrible chest congestion."

An hour and a half later, after going to buy our meds, Tony drank a dose of H-E-B's generic brand of Mucinex. Then he helped apply a Salonpas heat patch to my lower back. After the heat was on we both coughed and sneezed some more.


As I finish writing this tonight, I am thrilled that we went to Kerrville this afternoon, because my back is feeling 100 times better than it did earlier this morning and Tony's "Mucinex" expectorant is already breaking up his severe chest congestion. He is already feeling and sounding so much better. And rumor has it, thanks to the heat I'm currently packing, that I am finally going to be able to go outside to help Tony do our morning chores—starting as early as tomorrow. 

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Fay said...

Sorry to hear you're both under the weather. Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day and it warms up soon. Fay xx