Saturday, February 21, 2015

Happy Valentine Day!

Today has been great. Tony's horrible cedar fever coughing and congestion has finally gone away, thanks to Carol, for telling us about Mucinex-DM. My back is back the way it is supposed to be—feeling no pain and I no longer have cedar fever. And it has been a beautiful sunshiny day, too. So, life is once again good, at the rescue ranch.

This morning our new neighbor/friend Brad came over to sign adoption papers, because he and April, his sweet wife and sons have fallen head-over-heels in love with The Mystery Dog, that I wrote about, last Wednesday

Before Brad signed the adoption papers we visited with him and The Mystery Dog for awhile. After Brad signed his name and made the adoption official I asked him if I could take a picture of him and Valentine. Yes Valentine, that cute, low-rider version of a dog, was The Mystery Dog. And here is the picture I took to prove it. 



Early this afternoon Kinky called me from Germany and he left us a message on Carlton, because I was outside, in our front yard, mowing down the tall, rescue grass again, while Tony was busy weed-eating Lois Lane's dog pen. I was sick that I didn't get to talk to him, but Kinky sounded great and he said that he is enjoying his fast-paced tour of Germany and having a really good time with the German people and that he will be back at the ranch on March 4th. We have missed Kinky and it was so good to hear his voice and I am so glad that he called.

A few hours later, our dear friend, Rick, called me from Nicaragua, to tell me that he will be seeing us this coming Thursday. We are looking forward to seeing him and have him spend the night with us. Rick told me that Friday morning he wants to help us with our morning chores, before he drives up to Fort Worth. And it was good to hear his voice, too.

Then late this afternoon my sweet sister, Cindy, called me. I always love talking to Cindy, because when we get together all we do is laugh about life, because we both have the same kind of sense of humor. When I told her about my Secret Project that I am working on she burst out laughing which made me laugh so hard I was scared that my back would go out again. And before we changed the subject, Cindy gave me a great idea for my Secret Project, when she said,"Nance, I think you should have Little Debbie wearing pink clothes."

After we quit laughing Cindy told me about joining a cool, senior citizen drumming group and how much fun it was. "Nance, I love it. You know how I've always joked about me not having any musical talent. Well, I've finally found an instrument that I can actually play. I'm a drummer!" 

When Cindy tried describing the kind of drum that she drums on to me I realized that it was the same kind of drum that I had played on, at The Yoga Place, in Kerrville and that was several years ago. "Does it look like the kind of drum that Ricky Ricardo played?"

"Yes!" Cindy said. "Exactly, but I don't wear it and carry it around with me." Then we started laughing again.

"Okay, now you need a nickname," I said. "Instead of being Little Ricky, you can be Little Cindy!"
We must have laughed for over a minute and then I added, "Little Debbie will like it, too...."

With all of the laughing and mowing that I did today it has been a true test for my back and I am thrilled to say that my back is fine. (Knock-on-wood). And that we are so happy that Valentine has found her a fabulous forever home today. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all stay warm... Most of Texas is going to have at least one more shot at some winter precip in the next day or so. We are so glad your back is better & Tony's allergies are better. It's bad in many places this year...

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon! We're so glad to finally be back to normal health wise. Tomorrow is supposed to be a cold dreary day, so after we do our morning chores tomorrow we plan to stay inside and keep warm. It will be a good day for me to practice playing The Thrill Is Gone, on my guitar. Thank you for the comment.

Karin Pohlmann said...

On monday evening we met Kinky in Germany, Regensburg! The show was great! We had a blast!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karin! I am so glad that y'all had a blast at Kinky's concert. Hugs to you and Air Gun (Juergen)!