Tuesday, February 3, 2015

An Early Valentine!

Today has been great, except I have cedar fever pretty bad. My cedar allergy started on Sunday and since then I've been coughing, sneezing, etc. So, tonight's post is going to be much quicker to read, because I am going to leave out a lot.

First off, Sunday night I finished reading Nancy J. Bailey's incredibly great book The North Side Of Down: A True Story About Two Sisters. I highly recommend it, because it is full of emotion, humor and insight.


This morning before I went outside to help Tony with our morning chores my good friend Ryan Hatch called me. Ryan is Donna Hatch's sweet husband and who I play guitars with. Anyway, Ryan called me because he was trying to help a dog that seriously needed rescuing. Twenty minutes later after making a few phone calls the Bottom Line—we rescued this adorable, sweet female dog with Ryan's help, because he volunteered to pick her up and transport her to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic for us. 

This afternoon Tony and I went to Kerrville to run several errands before meeting Kinky, Big G and Max for lunch. Our first stop was at Wild Birds Unlimited, because they are having a huge seed sale and Tony wanted to save us money by buying a whole lot of seed. 

After we had a fun visit with Kevin Pillows, the humorous store owner and with our dear sweet friend Marguerite we took off around the corner to the Post Office Substation, because I needed to mail Nancy Bailey a few of my books along with her book so she could sign her book for me.

I love to go to this Post Office substation. The people behind the counter are always friendly, courteous and ready to help and there usually isn't a long waiting line. In other words—it is a happy place and I like that.

Our lunch with Kinky and friends was a lot of fun. Big G was hilarious and he kept us laughing out loud. He also teased me about my cedar fever induced deeper voice. "Tony," Big G said, "This morning, on the radio show, Nancy cracked me up when On-Air she told me that she had cedar fever and that you preferred her deeper voice than her real voice. I mean I couldn't quit laughing...."

Before I finish writing this, the nice woman that I spoke to this morning, Donna and Ryan's friend, that rescued the starved, female dog, that we rescued today, sent me a photo she took this morning of the sweet dog that she was kepping inside a horse stall. I didn't get to look at the photo until this evening, when I finally had time to check my e-mail. Oh my goodness, she is a doll! I have just named her Valentine, because she is too cute and I know that she will steal someone's heart—hopefully before Valentine's Day.


As soon as we get to pick up this precious, little Valentine, after she has been spayed, given shots, etc. and we bring her back to the rescue ranch Tony and I will take better pictures of her to post. And that is about it for tonight, because I need to go fetch another box of Kleenex.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for mentioning our story, THE NORTH SIDE OF DOWN. You got the "collector's edition" because our cover doesn't look like that any more. I think I am becoming a collector's edition myself. And that dog is definitely a collector's edition! What a great looking mutt! Happy Valentine! Can't wait to see more pics of her. Thanks for looking out for the voiceless! Puppy Hugs..............

cousin nancy said...

Hi Nancy! The books should be arriving tomorrow. I enclosed a stamped self-addressed envelope for you to ship your book back to me. I seriously love your book, you and Miranda. I wish y'all a happy new year and please know that y'all will always be included in my daily prayers.