Thursday, May 8, 2014

Velvet Elvis! or Windchimes, Clocks & Birdseed!

Yesterday and today have been great. Tony and I went to Kerrville yesterday afternoon, because we were meeting Kinky, Big G and Jay Pennington for lunch, so we could discuss Jay's pet rescue project.

When we arrived in Kerrville, we were thirty minutes early for our lunch, so I asked Tony if we could go to Creative Cakes By Sharon, because I wanted to meet Sharon and her husband Keith and check out their bakery, that Sandy & Jon had raved about.

When we turned on to Earl Garrett Street Tony let me out, by their front door and then he drove off to go find a parking spot for Buttermilk. When I walked inside Creative Cakes By Sharon, I was welcomed and greeted with smiles. Then I said, "Hi y'all. I'm Nancy, that wrote about y'all in my blog the other day and I just wanted to see your cool bakery, meet y'all and buy a couple of cupcakes." Then Tony walked inside their bakery.

After introductions and handshakes, I said, "We're good friends with your neighbors, a few doors down, Sandy & Jon Wolfmueller. Last Saturday they came out to see us and rumor has it that I didn't get all of my facts exactly right. Keith is the baker and Sharon is the creative cake decorator."

They chuckled and then Keith said, "That's true and...." Before we left the Best Bakery, in the Texas Hill Country, I purchased two Velvet Elvis cupcakes. Then we went and had a fun business lunch with our friends.

After Jay, Tony and I adios-ed Kinky and Big G, in the parking lot, Jay followed us over to Kerr County Animal Services, so we could talk to Ginny, their friendly adoption coordinator / kennel technician, about Jay's cool pet rescue project and the meeting went very well.

Then Buttermilk took us home. When we got back home the first thing Tony and I did was eat Creative Cakes by Sharon Velvet Elvis cupcakes. Oh my goodness! We loved them so much and they melted in our mouths, so now we are addicted to them. Seriously, they were the best cupcakes that we have ever eaten and I suggest that you go there as fast as you can and get one, so you'll be addicted to them too, so I won't feel guilty about craving them so much.

Today has been great. This afternoon Tony and I made a mad dash to Wild Birds Unlimited, so we could replace our Solar Water Wiggler, that Bella destroyed, when she spent two days, in my pink, writing cabin's front yard. (The reason that we made a mad dash to Kerrville was because we were promised rain with severe thunderstorms, late this afternoon, so we wanted to make sure that we would be back home when it happened.)

Tony and I always love going to Wild Birds Unlimited, on Junction Highway, because our good friend, Marguerite, works there and it is a great store and has very good vibes. When we walked inside, Marguerite greeted us and then we talked about her two old dogs and my Mama and then we talked about Enzo and Odi, her other two, great dogs, that she adopted from us in the past few years.

While Marguerite was showing Tony some super birdseed blends, I wandered over to admire their beautiful, Corinthian Bells, Made In the USA, hand-tuned windchimes, because I am always drawn to them. Because I firmly believe that you can never have enough clocks and wind chimes, as Tony believes that you can never have enough birdseed.

When I saw Tony and Marguerite carrying all his different kinds of birdseed, a Solar Water Wiggler, Flying Start feeder, etc. up to the checkout counter I carefully removed a beautiful windchime, from the rack, and took it up to the counter. And when Tony saw my awesome windchime, it made him smile, because he knew that it had evened out his and my purchases.

As soon as we got back home, I took a picture of the windchime box, then Tony hung up my new windchime on the front porch and hung up the older one, in Outer Space, for me. Then he took his Wild Birds Unlimited bag, filled to the brim with birdseed and goodies, to The Okay Corral, so he could fill up his feeders, etc. and then start taking pictures of the birds.





As I finish writing this it has still not rained a drop or thundered out here and it looks like our 70% chance of rain has passed. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Thank you for telling us about these windchimes, Nancy. I'd noticed them before at WBU but just assumed they were Music of the Spheres chimes which we have several of. I will definitely investigate these, especially since they are MADE IN THE USA. You KNOW I'm SMILING about THAT!

By the way out here this afternoon in Mountain Home we got thunder and 2 full minutes worth of a downpour which promptly evaporated in the winds that followed. Down Laredo way this 'rain event' would be known as a "Mata Polvo" (kills the powder, that is, the dust). It doesn't do much for anything except for plants that can absorb moisture quickly thru their leaves! It certainly wasn't exactly the 2-4" all the crack, college-educated meteorologists predicted. I guess we can "un-batten" the hatches.... :^/

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! I love my new windchimes and Tony is enjoying taking pictures of the beautiful birds enjoying eating his (Wild Birds Unlimited) birdseed. See you next week!