Thursday, May 22, 2014

Check Out Chet!

Today has been more than great. In fact, it has been absolutely fantastic, because late this morning, Kinky's, Tony's and my dear friend, Chet O'Keefe, called me from Washington state! We must have talked for over twenty minutes, first catching up with each others good news and then discussing his exciting, upcoming, In House Concert, that Tony and I had invited him do, at the rescue ranch.

Ever since Tony and I discovered Chet's fabulous music and fell in love with it, back in September, we've wanted to do a Chet O'Keefe In House Concert out here. It is going to be a Kinky, Tony and Nancy production, for Chet. We're going to keep it simple, too, because the three of us are not great at hosting parties. The tickets will cost $20.00 cash or credit card, at the gate, with all of the concert proceeds going to Chet.

It will be an outside concert, with people bringing their own chairs / blankets and refreshments and we will furnish water. We have not set the date yet, but it more than likely is going to happen in June. And as soon as we have planned it all out, I will keep y'all posted, because we want everyone to come out to meet Chet O'Keefe and enjoy his concert.

As you know, Chet performed at our Concert for Utopia, in April, and everyone after the concert told us that they had wished that Chet had played longer. In fact, everyone was so impressed with Chet's incredibly great music, during the Intermission, Chet sold out all of his CD's in less than ten minutes and he had a big pile of them, too!

If you didn't get to go to our concert and want to check out Chet's awesome music, our good friend Gerry Olert, who videoed our rescue ranch concert for us, posted this video of Chet O'Keefe singing one of our favorite songs, The Talking Kerrville Blues, on Youtube. Click Here to check out Chet performing his song.

Early this evening I went over to visit with Kinky. We spent over an hour sitting, on his front porch, with The Friedmans, talking about the upcoming Chet O'Keefe In House (outdoor) Concert, at the rescue ranch and I am not sure who is more excited about it happening. And before Kinky and I adios-ed each other and I came back home, Kinky told me that if he is not out of town, he would love to be the MC for Chet's In House Concert! And that is why today has been absolutely fantastic.

Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

WOW - this has all the makings of becoming the Woodstock of the 21st century!

Dang, none of my hip-hugging bell bottoms fit any more, but - hey - I can still wear flowers in my hair!

Here's hoping you pick a day that I'll be able to attend - I'm already looking forward to it.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! It is going to be a blast and I cannot wait for you to fall in love with Chet's music. I hope that David and The NoMads can come, too and feel free to invite all of your friends.

Fay said...

WOW! That is fantastic news, Nancy! I hope the news spreads far and wide about Chet O'Keefe playing at this Concert! He is a really wonderful musician, I've been listening to his CD "GameBird" since I bought it after seeing him in April at the Concert for Utopia in Kerrville, TX.
This is a concert that's not to be missed! Awesomecool!
Fay

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Our Chet O'Keefe In House (Outdoor) Concert is going to be so cool and so much fun. Everyone that I've already talked to about it, can't wait for us to set the date, because they love Chet's music and can't wait to hear more of it.