Monday, May 26, 2014

A Noisy Night!

Memorial Day has been great and I hope that yours has been too. Since last night we have received another 5 inches of much needed rain and because of all of the thunderstorms—it was a noisy night. Mama and I were the only ones that didn't sleep well last night, because we're both scared of lightning. Anyway, thank goodness for all of the rain.

After Tony and I did our chores outside we jumped into Kermit to check out Wallace Creek, named after Tony's famous relative, Big Foot Wallace. I took this very short video of the creek once again flowing over the dam and the road to Kinky's Lodge, so I won't forget this wonderfully wet Memorial Day. Just click: over the dam and the road to Kinky's Lodge to view it. And I also took this picture, too.



This afternoon, while Tony and Karon supervised the kids from the children's home walking our dogs, I decided to decorate our new, used, hanging pots & pan flower basket. I hung horseshoes, my little flying pig, Christmas ornaments that Cheryl and Walter gave to me, etc. on it and I love how it looks. And in the future I plan to keep on adding things that have good vibes and remind me of my dear friends and family. (I made the oval sign above the new hanging flower basket and it reads: Many People Have Eaten Here. Few Have Died.)


And that's about it for tonight, because once again, we are under a tornado watch with possible flooding and expecting to get more rain. I love the rain part, but not the rest. So once again, because of another tornado watch, I'll either write more tomorrow or I'll never write again. Happy Memorial Night!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: