Thursday, November 21, 2013

Who?!

Today has been great. This morning after Tony and I did the morning chores outside, I came inside, so I could cook Tony and I lunch and while that was going on, I put some beans into my crock pot, so I could slow-cook them all day.

After we ate lunch, I spent an hour doing some paperwork, returning phone calls and e-mails. Then I took a short, sleepless nap with Mama, Roy, Belle and Beau.

Late this afternoon, Carol came over for a fun visit. While she and I were in Outer Space visiting, Tony came outside and said, "Karon has just called. She wanted to know if she could come over and bring Chris and his son Kyle over, because they are interested in Sandy Wolfmueller. They will be here in just a few minutes." Carol and I were thrilled about the possible adoption. Then she told us that she needed to get back over to her ranch, so Carol adios-ed us, as she climbed into her big truck and then she drove away.

Tony and I then went into The Okay Corral, so we could play ball with Sandy Wolfmueller, while we waited for Karon and them to arrive. Sandy was having a blast retrieving the ball for Tony, when Karon, Chris and Kyle arrived.

After howdies and introductions, we learned that Chris had had a Border Collie and he loved that breed and he wanted his son to have his own dog. Fifteen minutes later, after Chris had talked to Kyle, Chris said, "We definitely want to adopt Sandy Who?"

"Sandy Wolfmueller," I said, then I talked to much telling them all about our dear friends Sandy and Jon and their famous, fabulous bookstore. Then I went to The Cabin, so I could fill out Sandy Wolfmueller's paperwork. Ten minutes later, Sandy was officially Kyle's dog and she seemed so happy about it. Before everyone left to go back home, Tony snapped this picture of Kyle's new best friend.


We are going to keep Sandy here, for about a week, when Chris and his family will be ready to come pick up Sandy and take her to her new, loving, forever home. And we are totally thrilled about Sandy Wolfmueller's adoption and that is about it for tonight. Except I do want to thank our dear friend Karon, for helping us find Sandy a super home.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: