Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Expecting Company!

Yesterday was great. Around 1:30, Tony and I took off in Buttermilk, to go pick up Carol, because she wanted to go to Kerrville with us, so we could visit. We had two errands to run and the first one was at the H-E-B, on Hwy. 16, so Carol could fill some water jugs and I could get ten last minute groceries for our Thanksgiving dinner.

Carol, Tony and I spent the drive time talking about this beautiful video, that Tony had posted on his Facebook, that Carol loved so much, she had sent me the address. It is a totally awesome video of four, famous, Norwegian musicians singing, Leonard Cohen's beautiful song, Hallelujah. We all agreed that is now our very favorite video of all time to watch, so I hope that you check it out, because I promise that it will move you so much, that you'll watch it over and again and then bookmark it.

When we arrived at the grocery store, we decided that we would meet Carol back at the Expedition, instead of trying to find each other in the store. When Tony and I were on Isle 9 searching for our last item, Carol appeared and she was wearing a big grin on her face. Then she half-hollered down the isle, so everyone could hear her, "Oh my goodness, Cousin Nancy is here!" Then every shopper turned to look at her and then at me, because she was pointing at me and laughing. Then Tony and I burst out laughing and we didn't quit laughing until we got back to Buttermilk.

Our last stop was at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, so we could pick up Walter Matthau and Ginger Rogers, two new dogs that we had rescued on Sunday. Walter is Gingers brother and they are about one-year-old. Walter had been neutered on Monday and we knew that Ginger was pregnant with five puppies, due in the next few days.

When Susan brought the adorable terrier mixes into the lobby, they immediately melted every one's heart, because they were so friendly and cute, even though Walter was wearing a cone around his neck, to keep him from tearing out his stitches.

When we got back home, Tony put our dogs in the back yard, so Ginger and Walter could spend a little time in our front yard, so I could keep a watchful eye on them while he set up our portable puppy pen, in my office, down the hallway.

Before we brought Walter and his sister inside, I took these two pictures of them, but it doesn't do them justice, because they were a little timid and didn't know why they were here.



After they had settled in the office we brought the other dogs inside. Then we called Carol and invited her to come over for another visit, while we waited for our dear friend Rick, The Friendly Lighthouse Keeper, to arrive, because we had invited him to come up and spend Thanksgiving with us.

Tony and I enjoyed visiting with Carol for about one hour and then Rick arrived. And the reason that I did not write last night was because we were having so much fun with our friends.

Today has been great. This morning after breakfast, Rick did my outside chores, while Tony fed the dogs and I played in the kitchen with Ginger and Walter. These two sweet dogs were more relaxed and they seemed comfortable to temporarily be living in a thirty-year-old trailer. 

When Rick and Tony finished their chores outside they came inside, so all of us could play with Walter and Ginger. I took this picture of Ginger and her brother begging Tony for just one more treat.


As I finish writing this, it is 1:30 and we are waiting for Paul and Brad, from Georgia, to arrive at 2:00, because they are back here, visiting their family and they wanted to come out for a visit, which I know will be fun. 

Tomorrow morning, at 8:30, we plan to go outside to serve our super dogs their annual cooked Thanksgiving dinner and I can't wait. Hopefully, if it is not too cold, our friends aka volunteers will come out too, so they can enjoy watching our dogs gobble up their warmed, tasty Thanksgiving dinner.

If I find the time tomorrow I will try to post some holiday pictures of our dog's enjoying their Thanksgiving dinner, that Kris & Jim kindly sponsored this year. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, like all of us are going to have. And who knows? Maybe we will be sharing our holiday with Ginger's five new puppies!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: