Tuesday, November 5, 2013

No Pressure!

Today has been great. This morning after breakfast Tony helped me with our newly purchased pressure cooker, because I could not wait to fully cook a roast, within forty-five minutes.

Yesterday, we met friends for a fun lunch and after Kris and Jim had raved about how much they loved using their new, time-saving, electric, pressure cooker, we bought one before coming back home. The directions were a little bit confusing to us, so Tony called Jim, "The Mineral Man," for directions and advice, which was a big help. And ten minutes later, our roast was feeling a lot of pressure.

Forty-five minutes later, Tony released the pressure and then he removed the safety lid, so we could admire the fully cooked roast and we were disappointed, because the roast wasn't fully cooked. So Tony put the lid back on Poindexter, pressed the Stew button and set the time for thirty more minutes. Then he and Brandon went outside to do the morning chores.

During the thirty minute wait time I reread the directions over and over again, in between returning phone calls and that is when I decided to check the Pressure setting to discover it was set at twenty, instead of seventy. When it was time to check our roast again, I was disappointed again and started feeling a little pressure, because we had planned to eat lunch around 11:30.

This time after locking down Poindexter's lid, I set the pressure to seventy, then I pressed the Stew button and timed it for thirty minutes. Then I did some paperwork. When the thirty minutes had passed, I didn't bother to remove the lid, because I reset the pressure to seventy and pressed Stew for another thirty minutes.

Ten minutes before the roast should finally be fully cooked, Brandon and Tony came inside The Cabin and told me that they were starving. Eleven minutes later, the three of us were sitting down, eating the best roast that I have ever cooked, while I explained to them that the pressure setting must always be set to seventy to fully cook a roast, in forty-five minutes. Bottom line, "We love our electric pressure cooker and are thrilled that we bought it and tomorrow we plan to use it again."

This afternoon Tony and Brandon went to Kerrville, so Brandon could buy some groceries for himself and they could pick up Dale Evans, the sweet dog that we rescued last month, that had to stay at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic all of this time, because she was in such bad shape when she arrived. While they were gone I decided to try a new recipe I found on the Internet, so I baked a pan of Blue Corn Cornbread to heat up for tomorrows high-speed-cooking lunch.


After Tony had dropped Brandon off he and Dale Evans arrived, so I grabbed some Made In America dog treats, so I could go greet her and welcome her to our rescue ranch. Oh my goodness, I love this super sweet dog so much! When I started giving Dale treats, her tail would not quit wagging and I am not sure if she listened to everything that I said to her.

When I ran out of the dog treats I went back to our trailer aka The Cabin, so I could cook Dale Evans an early "Welcome to Our Rescue Ranch" dinner, because I wanted to make sure that she understands that we love her and this will only be her temporary home, until we can find her a fabulous, forever family.

 With Mama, Roy, Belle and Beau watching me, I cooked her one piece of sausage and two scrambled eggs laced with a little garlic salt.


Then Tony and I went back outside to go feed her and she was thrilled to see us. I asked Tony to please feed her, so I could snap a picture of her. Before Tony fed her he asked her to sit and she did it immediately. Then I snapped these two pictures of this beautiful, eighteen-months to two-year-old, well trained, sweetheart.



Tony and I remained in her pen for about thirty minutes, so we could try to capture a great picture of her and it ended up that Tony took the best picture of Ms. Evans.


Dale is still on medications and she will be available for adoption, once she receives a clean bill of health. And, because Dale has recently had puppies and has suffered from mange, starvation, etc. and has gone through so much, I am seriously thinking about adopting her myself, because I know that my Roy would love her, because she has already stolen my heart. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: