Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Trailer Invasion!

For the most part, today has been great. This morning, right after I got up I went into the kitchen to make a cup of Green Mountain Donut Shop Coffee and as I waited for our Keurig to brew me a cup I noticed my first intruder of the day. It was sticking out near the ceiling and it was a two foot long vine, so I grabbed my camera and shot it.


Even though our trailer is over thirty-years-old, I could not believe it, because we've never had a vine or anything else grow into our home.

When Tony came home I showed it to him. "Tony, I know it wasn't there yesterday. How could it have grown that fast?" After breakfast Tony went out to the barn and he came back with some Roundup. Then we went out to the backyard and he sprayed the unwelcome invader, as I stood back and apologized to it, for having Tony kill it.

This afternoon I did some more paperwork and then Tony and I went to Medina, so I could go to the Medina Community Library to donate a signed copy of The Cowgirl Sisterhood: Part II, Death In New Mexico and then I mailed some letters at the Post Office.

When we returned home I went into our bathroom to put up some towels and in there I spotted another unwanted intruder running around, in our plastic garden bathtub. "Tony!" I half-hollered. "There's a gecko or a little lizard in the bathroom! Please come quick!"

Before Tony reached down to try to catch the two-inch-long thing, using a washcloth, so he could relocate it outside, I took this blurry picture of it. When Tony bent down to get it, he said, "Sorry, Nance. It just ran down into the drain pipe."


I was sick about the little creature and said, "Oh no. Now, I can't ever take a bath, because it might drown him." And that made Tony chuckle.

"Nancy, as soon as we leave the bathroom he will probably climb back out and be just fine." His words were sort of comforting to me, but now I am scared to go to bed tonight, because he/she might be running around in the sheets and blankets on our bed.

Late this afternoon I received an exciting phone call from Jean, in Kerrville. She and her husband had come out late yesterday afternoon to check out our dogs and they want to come out on Thursday to adopt Peggy Sue, our precious little Beagle.

Tonight I have decided to stay up a little later, so he/she/it can have as many chances as possible to flee from our old trailer. And I hope he/she/it does, because tomorrow, I don't want to accidentally drown it.

Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Fab4#3 said...

Nancy, this has nothing to do with your trailer invasion blog. I just wanted to let you know that Suzanne and I went to the Beach Boys concert in SA last night. It was just amazing how those guys can still harmonize all these years later! Also, we got a big surprise when we were told the drummer was John Stamos of Full House and I think he was in a soap opera too. He was great! Needless to say, the whole place was running over with 60+ Baby Boomers! Suzanne and me included! We splurged and bought Beach Boy t-shirts which we plan to wear to walk dogs on Friday. $30 each for $10 shirts! Of course two of the group are now gone - Dennis and Carl Wilson. They did tributes to them. Very touching. I'll show you the bad pictures my camera took when I see you Friday!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Eileen! That is so cool that y'all got to see the Beach Boys. I can't wait to see y'all's t-shirts and pictures, because I love the Beach Boys, too.

Mari of the NoMads said...

Eileen goes to see the Beach Boys but here in Mountain Home we have jumped into bunkers, preparing for your headlined Trailer Invasion.

We wonder if the invading trailers will be house trailers or horse trailers or stock trailers or U-Haul trailers or what? But thanks to this blog, we are prepared for any trailers that may invade!

Er, wait a minute, are you saying we read that headline wrong? Trailers are NOT invading? Trailers WERE invaded? Oh. As Emily Latilla of the original SNL would say "Never mind."

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! Thanks for making me laugh out loud again when I read what you just wrote. You are definitely the sharpest tool in the tool shed. I loved Emily Latilla (Gilda Radner) every time after ranting and raving about something and then casually remarking, "Never mind." That was the funniest and the best of SNL times.

P.S. I can't wait to know what your friend Polly thinks of my second novella. Take care and "Remember the Alamo!"