Thursday, October 10, 2013

Peggy Sue Has Left The Building!

Today has been great. I spent most of my morning and afternoon doing paperwork, returning phone calls and e-mails. Then I took a delightful, brief, sleepless nap with my very best friends. When Roy started snoring loudly it irritated Mama, so, she jumped off of the bed and went into our bathroom shower, to sleep in there.

When Abbie, Belle and Beau realized there was now more space available on the bed, the three of them stood up, walked around Roy and me and then they snuggled up to us. I was on cloud nine for almost five minutes, then Mama must have heard something outside, because she barked and then ran out of the bathroom, to get to our front door. And the dogs that had been sleeping on our bed took off right behind her, so that's when my nap ended.

The best thing about my day happened around 3:30, because Joe & Jean came out and they adopted our sweet, little Peggy Sue.


Tony and I were thrilled about Peggy Sue finding such a great home. I don't know which of them was the most excited about Peggy Sue's adoption, because Jean & Joe could not wait to bend down, so they could pet her and shower her with love, as Peggy Sue stood up on her hind legs and gave them kisses. 

While they got to know each other I took this picture of Peggy Sue meeting her new, fantastic family.


Jean told me that Peggy Sue is definitely going to be an inside dog and that they cannot wait to spoil her. And I nearly teared up when she asked,"Would it be okay with y'all if we cook her eggs occasionally? We use to do that with our old dog." 

"Please do," I said. "I bet she would like to eat an omelet, too." After handshakes, hugs and adios-ing each other, Joe got in the front passenger seat and said, "Come on, Peggy. Let's go home." Peggy Sue immediately jumped into their mini-van and then she jumped into Joe's lap and started happily kissing his face. "We wanted a lap dog and she's definitely a lap dog."

"I have a feeling that Peggy Sue is going to spend most of her time, taking long walks with y'all and then taking turns sitting in your laps." 

When the three of them drove off, I came inside and called Kinky to tell him the great news about Peggy Sue. "Kinky, Peggy Sue has left the building!..." He was as thrilled about it as we were and he loved the part about them wanting to cook for her. And that is about it for today. 

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: