Friday, October 11, 2013

Lili's Herbal Remedies!

Today has been great and filled with a couple of wonderful surprises. Not to brag, but I truly do have some of the very nicest, coolest friends walking around on this planet. And I can prove it daily. First off, last night my dear friend Mari, forwarded her friend's book review for my second novella, The Cowgirl Sisterhood Part II, Death In New Mexico. And I loved reading it and I want to thank both Mari and Polly. This is what Polly wrote and Mari passed on to me:

Lions and tigers and bears, oh, my. Helicopters and FBI, pink Daisy Red
Ryder BB air rifle (need to see pictures), pot fields, and avocado orchards,
no wait, that's another book. I never knew so much could happen in 24 hours,
and HOW did you manage to sleep standing up? Did a major doggie head tilt on
that one. I fully understand the mounting block/stump. Wish I could teach
willow to go get help, but I don't think I'll do it in spanish. LOL. I did
enjoy the book and am looking forward to part III. Thanks for the chuckles.
I hope all your friends are able to live up to your expectations of them.
Oh, the dog hair place mats. Hard for me to not shudder. I live with enough
dog hair (I'm a spinner as well, have spun and knit dog hair) but that's
just too close to food for me. But I love that you put the weaver in there!
Go fiber artists!!!!    polly and willow 


Another example why I know that all of my friends are the nicest and coolest people, in the universe, happened several times today. First off, Jim showed up early this morning and he brought along some of his family with him, to help get all of the dogs walked. He brought his sweet wife Diane, her sister Ruthie & Dan and Ruthie's daughter, Lori. I was so thrilled that I could not wait to go outside to see all of them, especially Ruthie, because she and I are buddies, because she always keeps me laughing, whenever she comes out here.

To make my day even brighter, Eileen, Lisa and Suzanne, our dear friends/volunteers, that Tony and I love, also came out to walk our dogs. So, while everyone was outside walking our dogs, Ruthie and I came inside The Cabin and had a fun time catching up with each others latest news. Then we took off, in Trigger, to go see Carol for a few minutes, because Ruthie thinks the world of Carol and she wanted to meet her dogs, Scout and Jake and see Maya & Rosebud together.

After a super fun, but short visit with my best friend Carol, the other member of our two-members-only Cowgirl Sisterhood club, we returned to the rescue ranch. Then she purchased two signed copies of my second novella and then we went over to the Lodge, so she could get Kinky to sign a book to her. Then we jumped into Trigger, to go eat lunch at the Medina Highpoint Resort with our friends.

When she and I walked inside the Medina Highpoint Resorts store and grill, everyone hollered, "Surprise Nancy! Happy Birthday!" I almost fainted and dropped the books that I was delivering to Pete and Sarah.

"Oh my goodness, y'all!" I said. "Y'all have really surprised me." Then Ruthie told me that they had all been in on the surprise birthday party and that she wanted to buy Tony's and my lunch. Then I found out that Tony didn't know about it either.

Lunch with these great friends was a total blast and the twelve of us did a lot of laughing, which I always love to do. I received some sweet and funny birthday cards and I loved all of my gifts. Lisa took this picture of me posing with my cute chicken purse that Eileen gave me, while holding the box of my favorite wine, given to me by Chuck.


After lunch, they lit the candles on the beautiful chocolate velvet cake, then I made a wish and then blew out all three candles and then Ruthie helped me cut and serve the slices to everyone. I want my friends to know that their surprise birthday today was the very best birthday party that I have ever had and I will never forget it.

When Tony and I came home I put my gifts and birthday cards on the breakfast bar and then I took this picture of them to always remind me of this day.


 I love my thermal glass with its pink lid, that Ellen and June gave to me that says, "God Bless Cowgirls." I love my cute chicken purse. I love Lisa's pink candle and especially the jar of my very favorite scrub, Lili's Herbal Remedies Coffee & Cinnamon Scrub, which is made right here, in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, by her company that she owns. And of course, I also love Chuck's box of fine wine. But most of all I love all of my friends.

Okay, I am almost done with tonight's post about some of my super friends. Early this evening, Carol sent me an e-mail with a picture attached, that she had titled Sisters. When I saw the beautiful picture that she took of our two horses, with Maya standing behind Rosebud, enjoying each other's company. I thought, "You know, it really is all about love and friendship."



Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: