Wednesday, October 16, 2013

On Winston's Watch!

Today has been great. I'm happy because in the past two days we have received a total of three inches of rain and because the mama cat, that Kinky rescued and her five adorable kittens, that she had hidden from us are safe, because they are now inside Kinky's Lodge.

Early this evening, Kinky called with some exciting news. "Nance, the mama cat had five kittens and a few minutes ago, I looked out the kitchen window and she and her kittens were standing outside in the yard. The kittens are beautiful and none of them look alike. One is black, one is tan, one is gray, one is speckled and it looks like his/her mother and the other one is real light colored, like Lucky was. I got them inside the Lodge and they are under the kitchen table. You've got to come over and see them."

I grabbed my camera and left the building and within two minutes I was admiring the cat's cute kittens, in Kinky's kitchen. When The Friedmans, Kinky's dogs, started trying to inspect the kittens that were wandering around his kitchen, he became concerned that the mama cat was being so protective that she might hurt one of his dogs. "Kinky, you need to put a wire crate underneath the kitchen table, so the kittens and The Friedmans will all be safe and also won't get accidentally stepped on, etc."


Then Brandon walked inside the Lodge. "Hi, Brandon," I said. "Will you go over to the rescue ranch with me, so we can get a crate for Kinky to borrow and bring it back over here."

"Sure." Then Brandon and I adios-ed Kinky, jumped into Trigger and took off, to go get a crate. Five minutes later, we returned to the Lodge with a crate and Tony was inside the kitchen talking to Kinky.


When we were inside the kitchen, Kinky and Tony quickly made a nice bed of blankets, inside the crate and then they slid the crate under the kitchen table. Then they gently put one kitten, at a time, into the crate, as the mama cat, Brandon, The Friedmans and I watched. And as soon as Tony's & Kinky's "Kitten Relocation Protection Program" was completed, the mama cat, without saying one word of thanks to us, walked calmly inside the crate, so she could feed her five hungry kittens.


Then Kinky closed the crate's door her and locked it, as Chumley and Sophie walked out of the kitchen. "I'm so glad I thought of putting a crate under the table," Kinky teased me. "Thank y'all, for helping me with this." Then Kinky took off to go answer his phone, back in his office. Then I took this picture of Winston Churchill, either watching or guarding the mama and her litter of darling kittens and I've titled it, "On Winston's Watch." And that is about it for tonight.

Have a great evening!

2 comments:

Karin Pohlmann said...

Nancy, we hope you are as glad as the kittens are. We wish you a great Happy Birthday!

cousin nancy said...

Good morning Karin and Air Gun. Thank you, for the happy birthday wishes. I wish y'all were here to celebrate my 62nd with me.