Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hot Pink!

Today has been great. Since yesterday, Abbie seems to be feeling fine, thank goodness and we are all thrilled that she is back home with us.

This morning at 7:20, Big G called me, so we could do our weekly Utopia segment on his radio show and Marie Osmond was his Pet of the Week.


"Big G, we love Marie Osmond. She is a great dog and she is about a year and a half old. She is always happy and she loves to go on walks, down to the creek, with her brother Donny. She's medium sized and probably part Whippet," I said, as Mama, my great Great Pyrenees, let herself out the front door, because Belle was outside, barking at a rabbit or an armadillo.

This morning I did some paperwork, returned a few phone calls and e-mails, before I cooked lunch for Brandon, Tony and me. Yesterday, my friend Carol and I were talking about baking chicken using Panko, instead of frying it. "Ronnie told me that he only cooks thighs instead of chicken breasts, because the meat is so much tender and juicier," I said. 

Carol laughed and then she teased me. "Well, if Ronnie prefers cooking thighs instead of breasts, then I will too, because Ronnie always knows best..." After we had quit laughing, Carol told me, "Nancy, if you really want to make the best panko chicken in the world, mix equal parts of Parmesan cheese and panko..." Before we adios-ed each other, Carol had also given me her baked Brussels Sprouts recipe, which is now Cousin Nancy's Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts. And to say the least about our lunch, "Brandon and Tony ate all of the thighs and wanted me to cook them more. Thank you, Carol! I'm going to give Ronnie the recipe."

Early this evening, the phone rang—it was Kinky. "Nance, the movie guys are already here for tomorrow's shoot and they just told me that they want to shoot me riding a horse. Could I ride Maya?"

"I'd love it! Maya is going to be a movie star horse. Like Mr. Ed was or Trigger or Buttermilk or..."

"Do you have a saddle and bridle for her?"

"Yes, I do. Oh my god!"

"What!" Kinky asked, excitedly.

"Her saddle blanket is hot pink, Kinky," I answered.

"Hot Pink! I can't be riding a horse with a hot pink saddle blanket. Nance, this is supposed to be a cowboy western movie, set in the late 1800's."

"Okay, let me call Carol to see if she has a saddle blanket that we can borrow and then I will call you right back." To Be Continued...


Y'all have a great evening and let's hope that The Cowgirl Sisterhood saves the day for Kinky and that Maya becomes even more famous than she already is!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Nancy, if you can't find an 'old timey' saddle pad, find one of those Mexican 'serape' type blankets at any import store and have it COVER the hot pink saddle pad. No one will be any wiser except the millions of people who read your blog AND watch western movies starring Kinky Friedman, so - shhhhh - it'll be "our" secret............

K said...

Hi Nancy, I can´t wait to watch a photo! You know: I am crazy: I don´t have a horse but a saddle (of course a western style saddle). I bought it just to pimp my Texan room in the house!