Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Handy Outline!

Today has been great. This morning while Brandon, Tony and I ate breakfast, I was telling Brandon about ordering thirteen more swimming pools from H-E-B. "Dale, the nice man that I spoke to told me that they should be in their store on Friday, so tomorrow afternoon, after we eat lunch with the volunteers, we're going to town to pick them up."

Then the phone rang and I let Carlton take the message. "Hello, this is Lisa at H-E-B. I was calling to let..."

"Hello, Lisa. This is Nancy."

"Hi. I just wanted to let you know that your thirteen, yellow and blue swimming pools have just arrived."

"That is great news. We'll pick them up after lunch. Thank you, for calling me. Bye."

After the three of us ate lunch in, The Cabin, Brandon and I jammed for twenty minutes while Tony finished making a few phone calls. While we were playing, I looked up on the wall to check the time and my favorite clock had gone blank. In other words it was timeless. "Looks like I need to buy some new batteries for my clock," I said, as I removed the digital clock from the wall, so I could see what batteries I needed to buy. Then I laughed when I looked at the wall, because the walls have darkened some and it hadn't behind the clock.


Then Brandon went home and we went to Kerrville. Our first stop was at the Melody Corner, so I could talk to Stan about which pickup he thinks I should buy for my banjo, because Brandon and I want to start using my amp more often when we pick & grin.

"I have some ordered," Stan said. "They should be arriving tomorrow and I will call you, so you won't make a special trip." Before we left Stan's cool music store I bought a pink and a green shakers, that look like eggs, because if Eileen, our super volunteer, who plays the drums, might want to use them when she jams with us sometime. They sort of sound like a rattlesnake and they are very pretty.


When Tony and I returned home the first thing that I did after putting up the groceries, was put new batteries in the clock and set it. And it was easy to rehang, because I used the handy outline on the wall.


Around 6:00 tonight, Tony and I went outside to put the new swimming pools in the remaining pens that needed them and to fill them up. I was put in charge of turning the spigot on and off and dragging the hose from one pen to another. While Tony's job was to place the pools in the pens, fill them up and then screw or unscrew my heavy, long hose from the faucets. It only took us about an hour and it was well worth it.


And that is about it for tonight, because I need to go wash a load of clothes and dust the trailer, I mean The Cabin.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: