Monday, July 29, 2013

One To Four Months!

Today has been great, but first I want to invite everyone to go see my dear friend Donna Schloss' collection of Asian & African Fiber Arts, at the Kerr Arts & Cultural Center. It runs through the entire month of August and the opening reception is on Saturday, August 3rd from 1:00 - 3:00.
On several occasions our friend, Donna, has shown Tony and me some of her Asian and African fiber arts collection and we were very impressed with it. I hope that y'all will check out Donna's awesome collection, at the Kerr Arts & Cultural Center, at 228 Earl Garrett Street, across the street from Wolfmueller's Books. If I can get away this Saturday, I am going to be at the opening reception and I hope I see you there.

Early this morning, after we ate breakfast, I walked four miles with Leslie Sansone, while Brandon and Tony did the outside chores. Yesterday morning I also walked four miles with Leslie, inside The Cabin, because I am trying to lose some weight and get healthier.

Later on, while the three of us ate lunch together, I told them about possibly buying a Fitbit Flex (A very popular, souped-up pedometer, similar to the Nike+ Fuel band, but it is much cheaper.) to help motivate me to move more. They thought it was a very cool idea and so did I until I found one Online. "Get this," I said. "Here's a brand new one for sale for $99.00, but it says that it will ship within one to four months. Forget that." Tony and Brandon started laughing. "I need for it to ship in one to four minutes."

After lunch I started searching some more for a new Fitbit Flex and I finally decided to give up, because all of the ones that I saw were either out of stock or on back order. The Fitbit Flex is obviously a very popular item and because I am not good at waiting, I've decided to just keep on walking with Leslie. Who knows? In a few months I might not need or want one by then. And that is about it for tonight, because I've just decided to go check out the Nike+ Fuel Band, because my dear friend Mari loves hers and swears about it being the best.

It is now twenty minutes later and my Nike+ Fuel Band will be arriving on Wednesday! To celebrate, I am going to let myself eat a peanut butter cookie, because when I put my new Nike+ Band on Wednesday, I will no longer be eating cookies, because It will know. 

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: