Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Remember The Alamo!

Today has been a great day. This morning Karin came out just as we finished our morning chores, so we all came up to the trailer to drink some coffee. While we were drinking our coffees, the nice woman who wanted to give Gus, the yellow Lab that we rescued from the Kerr pound last week, a trial adoption, called to tell us that Gus was a perfect dog and that she and her husband wanted to adopt him officially!

Around 11:00, Tony and Karin jumped inside Trigger and took off for a sightseeing tour to Utopia, so I could stay home to take care of some much needed paperwork, etc. And they returned just five minutes after I had gotten all of my work caught up, which was perfect timing.


Thirty minutes later, around 1:30, our good friends Jan and Garnet, from Utopia, showed up with the little, adorable, female Chihuahua that Sandy and Garnet had rescued and had Jan foster. During our fun visit in Outer Space, I found out that I had missed Garnet's birthday on Octorber 7th, so right now I want to officially wish, my good friend and fellow Libra a shout out, "Happy Belated Birthday, Garnet!"

When Garnet showed us the beautiful birthday card that Sandy had made for her I said, "Tony, I want you to make me a birthday card like Sandy did..." Fingers crossed, I hope that he makes me one, too.

After a fun visit with our friends, we adios-ed each other, then Karin, took off for Kerrville and five minutes later, Tony, Ginger Rogers (That's what Tony named the cute Chihuahua) and I took off for Kerrville too, so we could drop Ginger off at Hoegemeyer's and then take Karin to a surprise "Pre-Alamo" late lunch, because tomorrow she's brave enough to drive in that crazy traffic, all by herself, to see the Alamo, in San Antone.

When we walked inside the Mamacita's Mexican food restaurant, Karin gasped, when she saw Mamacita's gigantic version of the Alamo, so we decided to sit at a table, very close to the Alamo look-a-like.

As we ate our tasty dunch (dinner / lunch) Tony, Karin and me laughed a whole lot, as she and I whispered back and forth, trying to teach each other American and German cuss words, because she could pronounce our cuss words easily, but I couldn't even get close to pronouncing even one of them right. And, that is about it for tonight, because I have to go to bed early so I can get up early to do The Harley Show at 7:45 with Harley.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain and Remember the Alamo!

No comments: