Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Kneaded A Break!

Yesterday evening, Carol came over with a birthday present for me and to see my pink writing cabin and I loved her present and she loved my newly painted pink cabin.

After she had admired my cabin we came inside the trailer to open up the cute bottle of wine that she had given to me, COWGIRL SISTERHOOD: Oh My Darlin'—Sweet Red, Red Wine.


As we sipped the delicious wine, we laughed as we read it's cute label on the back of the bottle and then Carol, Tony and I talked about how much fun we had had with Karin and then she and I traded some new George Foreman grill recipes and then we caught up with each other's latest news. And a little before dark-thirty, Carol adios-ed us, because she needed to get home to feed her horses and T. and I were sad to see her go, because we were having so much fun with her.

Today has been great, because this morning after we did our chores outside, while Tony was in Medina photographing the Medina High School Homecoming Parade, I decided that I kneaded to take a break, so I grabbed my new, favorite recipe book that Sandy and Jon had given to me for my 60th birthday, A Cowboy in the Kitchen: Recipes from Reata and Texas West of the Pecos, by Grady Spears and Robb Walsh and decided to try to make Buttermilk Biscuits, on page 97.

To set the mood, I put on Jim Keaveny's fabulous music, which I discovered when we were out in Terlingua with Sandy and Jon and then I grabbed all of the needed ingredients and then I followed the recipe directions carefully.

While I was cutting out the soon-to-be biscuits and placing them on the baking sheet, the phone rang and it was Kinky. After we had talked about the exciting, upcoming B. J Thomas Bonefit on November 26th, I told him about attempting to make homemade buttermilk biscuits and he says, "Sounds good. Can I have some?"

"Sure Kink, after I get my biscuits in the oven." Which made him laugh. "I'll be over there around noon with them..." And I didn't lie.

After Kinky had poured some honey on one of my fresh, hot-out-of-the-oven buttermilk biscuits and took a bite he basically said, "Nance, these are really great..." Which thrilled me, because that is exactly what Tony said, but he used the word really.

Late this afternoon, after our Open House or at 3:00, Trigger took us to Kerrville to run a few errands; get Tony's ears lowered, buy a picture frame for my Holstee Manifesto poster that arrived yesterday, to buy fabric for me to reupholster my couch in my writing cabin and to buy some groceries then we came home. And that is about it for today. 

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for us to get some more rain!

No comments: