Sunday, October 23, 2011

B. J. Thomas Bonefit, November 26th!

Today has been a good one. For lunch I tried making my first paninis, that Carol had told me how to make and they were so delicious, I called Kinky, after we had eaten to ask him if he would like to try one of my turkey Panini with Monterrey Jack cheese with jalapenos and a sliced tomato.

Fifteen minutes later, as Kinky munched away on my panini, he suggested that I should really do a cookbook, because I always get so excited about trying new recipes and then telling everyone about the ingredients and how to make it.

When my panini had disappeared we started talking about our exciting upcoming B.J. Thomas bonefit, because tomorrow morning Kim and Bryant Williams are coming out to shoot us and our dogs for a thirty-second commercial about our B.J. Thomas fundraiser, to run on local  FOX stations. Then he went back to his office and came back into the kitchen, so he could practice the "script," so I could time him to make sure that he read it under thirty seconds.

After several readings, Kinky complained about the type being so small. "Kinky, I can blow it up real big, so you can read it, if you want me to."

Twenty minutes later I happily returned to the Lodge, with three pages of the enlarged script, taped onto a big foam board. "Thanks, Nance. This will work..." Before going back home, after telling Kinky that I was fixin' to go reupholster the couch inside my cabin, Kinky told me that his friend Captain Frank was coming out late this afternoon, because his friend wanted to talk to us about some ideas he had for helping our rescue ranch.

"That sounds great," I said. "Oh, I almost forgot. We have rescued a two-year-old, female black Lab, that our friends Robert and Tracy rescued in their neighborhood, the nice couple from Kerrville, that adopted Betty Boop from us over a year ago, and they are bringing her out later today and..."

Before Tony helped me bring the cushions into our trailer I took this picture of the old couch cushions.


One hour later or the time it took to have completed three seat cushions, there was a knock on our door, so I dropped what I was doing and opened the door to a friendly man. "Hi, are you Captain Frank?" Robert started laughing, because I didn't recognize him, because I am as blind as a bat.

The minute that we met Missy, the temporary name that they had given to her, who reminded me so much of our dear old Thunder, we had a fun visit with them, as we watched Emmylou Harris happily playing with her new roommate. While the two dogs romped around the front yard of my pretty, pink cabin, Tracy showed us pictures of Betty Boop, while they told us hilarious stories about her.

After Tracy and Robert left, we left and went back inside the trailer, so Tony could watch the Cowboys game and I could finish the cushions and ten minutes later, Kinky came over with Captain Frank and Melissa, so we could visit, which turned out to be fun and very interesting.

When the Cowboys had officially won the game, I was done with the cushions! So, Tony helped me carry them back into the cabin, so I could take a picture of my finished project. And yes, it is another one of my creations, "It's  A Nancy," because the stripes don't line up, but I don't care because I am sixty-years-old.


After I took this picture, T. and I jumped into Trigger and took off to feed Shalom and the donkeys and that is about it for tonight.

Tomorrow after Kim and Bryant shoot all of us, we are taking "Missy" to Hoegemeyers' to get her shots, because she has already been spayed and vetted.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain!

No comments: