Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Simple Dollar!

Today has been great. This morning after we did our outside chores I got on the Internet and typed in healthy bread recipes and found the coolest site, "the simple dollar" and it had an easy bread recipe with photos, and after writing down the recipe I started reading this man's bio and I stayed on his site for over an hour, because it was so interesting.

When I read the unhealthy ingredients that he had posted that are in many Industrial Breads I about had a heart attack, because of all of the preservatives, etc., so I copied this from his site so you will know that making homemade bread is the best thing for all of us to do for our good health, because his recipe only uses milk, sugar, salt, butter, flour and yeast compared to this:

"Enriched wheat flour (flour, barley malt, ferrous sulfate (iron), “B” vitamins (niacin, thaimine mononitrate (B1), riboflavin (B2), folic acid)), water, sweetener (high fructose corn syrup or sugar), yeast, wheat bran, whole wheat flour, wheat gluten, molasses. Contains 2% or less of: soybean oil, salt, sweet dairy whey, butter (cream, salt, enzymes), maltodextrin, honey, corn syrup, calcium sulfate, soy flur, dough conditioners (may contain:dicalcium phosphate, calcium dioxide, sodium stearoyl lactylate, ethoxylated mono and diglycerides, mono and diglycerides, and/or datem), yeast nutrients (may contain:ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, calcium carbonate, monocalcium phosphate, and/or ammonium phosphate), cornstarch, wheat starch, vinegar, natural flavor, beta carotene (color), enzymes, calcium propionate (to retain freshness), soy lecithin."

Then I cooked Tony and me a healthy vegan lunch and while I was cleaning up our dishes Will, who is babysitting The Friedmans called, because he was worried about Brownie not feeling good.

Fifteen minutes later, T. and I were on our way to Kerrville with Brownie, so we could get him there by 1:00 before Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic closed for the day.

Around 1:30, after Dr. Rydberg had examined Brownie he told us that he wanted to run some tests and keep Brownie over night for observation, so we left and went to H-E-B so I could pick up a few groceries and some yeast, so I could make homemade bread this afternoon and I must say that it was an easy recipe to follow and we loved the tasty bread and now I am excited about making our own healthy bread.


This evening when Kinky returned from Albuquerque, Tony and I went over to visit with him. We talked about Brownie, Kinky's trip and Will snitching on Sophie about her acting like a witch towards Brown and Chumley and then we had a discussion about my homemade bread and eating healthier and avoiding meat, all processed foods, etc. Then we came home.

Later this evening, Dr. Rydberg called to tell me that Brownie is doing fine, he is happy and is wagging his tail and that he should be ready to come home tomorrow, so I called Kink with the good news, so he could call Rydberg.

It is 9:33 now and Tony has just told me that Pat, our good friend and extremely talented web master for utopiarescue.com, sent him an e-mail to tell him that Angel and Blue, the two darling Chihuahuas that she adopted on a trial basis yesterday—are officially hers, because they are getting along great with their other dogs and cats and animals! We love you, Pat!

And that is about it for today, so y'all have a great evening and please keep praying that we get some more rain! Good night and have sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Hey hey there, we Witches dont act any differently then the rest of you :)

I am going to go check out the website sounds interesting. And I am thrilled to hear you eating a vegan lunch. Since I started down the vegan path so many of my former problems have cleared up.