Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Fantastic Book Signing At Wolfmueller's Books Tonight!

Today has been great. This morning Jim, our great dog-walking volunteer, came out and walked a lot of dogs while Tony and I did our chores.

This afternoon around 2:30, Steven, the nice young man that could not keep his dog Plexi, because he had to move to Austin for work, came out today and adopted his dog Plexi, because he loved her and was missing her! And when Plexi saw him she jumped for joy and could not wait to be reunited with him and it was pretty awesome, to say the least.


Early this evening Trigger took us to Wolfmueller's Books for William Groneman III's book signing, September 11; A Memoir and it was so fantastic! 


When we arrived twenty minutes before the book signing Kinky had just pulled up in Mr. Green Jeans so we got to have a fun visit with Kinky, Sandy and Jon, Steve and Mary Jo and her daughter, before the place filled up to buy Bill's book. And while we were visiting I gave Sandy and Jon their yellow and pink BugBands, that Marguerite had gotten for us, for our road trip to Terlingua and they loved them as much as Tone and I do and then Kinky told us about running into Marguerite at H-E-B and having a fun visit with her about Enzo #2.

At 5:00, after Sandy had introduced William Groneman III to the crowded bookstore and I got to be the first person in line to have him sign his book to Tony and me and I felt so honored, because I was in the company of one of the 911 F.D.N.Y. heroes! 

Around 5:30, after Bill had signed many books he talked to us about being at Ground Zero on 911 and it moved me to tears and it touched my heart, as I am sure it did everyone else who was there. 

And that is about it for today, because tonight I plan to start reading, September 11: A Memoir by William Groneman III.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for rain for us!

No comments: